Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-09-2020, 10:14 AM   #1

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Time for new weatherstripping

Having gotten a few leaks lately, I realize it's time to re-do some weatherstripping on our 07 2499.
Can anyone suggest a place to buy good quality weatherstripping for the entry doors and storage compartment doors? I've looked online, but it would be good to have advice from a fellow Sunliner who has been satisfied with a good product.
Thanks,
Rich

vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:26 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Rich,

Steele rubber products https://www.steelerubber.com/camper-rv I used their products on camper (slide seals and other seals) and they have good quality. I have not yet bought entry door or cargo door seals from them. It may have to soo though.

And I know of these folks, Trim Lok https://www.trimlok.com/

I have not bought from them yet, but have seen their seals for sale in the stores and it is good quality. They have a large selection.

If you end up using one of those 2 places, please post back on what style etc lines up with your vintage Sunline.

Hope this helps.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:10 AM   #3

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks John,
I've heard of both of them and I believe they both make good products. I used to buy Trim-Lok steel reinforced edge trim back when I was installing sunroofs in vehicles.

I was hoping someone might have a specific product number since there are so many different thicknesses, widths and profiles.

I was in Home Depot the other day and looked through what they had on display. They carry a brand Frost King which is OK for home projects, but I didn't think much of it for RVs, but I saw a seal made from EDPM rubber which I think is one of the better materials for seals. The profile and size looked about right so I bought a package to try. I used it one one of the front hatch doors and although it was a bit on the thick side, I was able to latch the door, figuring it might get easier to close as it set in over time.

Yesterday morning we had a soaking rain and afterwards, it was dry inside, so that looks like a good treatment for the hatch doors.

Now, for the entry doors. The living area door has never leaked to my knowledge, but after washing the camper a few days ago, the carpet in the bedroom near the hinge side of that door became wet, so that would be the first to be replaced. Nothing came in during the rain, but washing the outside with a long handled brush that sprays water through it must have shot the water past the seal.
Rich