Your 2004 T2753 should have the Dometic RM2652 fridge in it. To make sure that is the one you still have, check inside the fridge cabinet for a sticker on the left side of the fridge while facing
Originally Posted by shellynne24
I have a 2004 sunline solaris T2753 and the fridge don't lite with electric anymore does anyone have an idea what to check
Your question may be understood 2 different ways. The wording "don't lite" and the "with electric" can mean possibly 2 different things to us.
1. The words "don't lite" normally points to it will not light the burner on LP gas mode.
2. The words "with electric", many times you are wanting to run the fridge on "electric" and not LP gas. As I read your post first I did come away with your were trying to run the fridge on electric and not gas. And as Johhnybgood stated, yes check that the 120 VAC outlet in the outside fridge access hole has power.
BUT, you did use the words "don't lite". I'm going out on a limb here that you are wanting to run the fridge on LP gas mode as you really don't light the fridge on electric mode.
We will need some more info on the LP gas mode if that is what the issue is.
1. Confirm the make and model of the fridge
2. Does the stove top burners light and burn OK? Checking that LP gas is on and flowing well.
3. Is this the very first time you have run the fridge on LP gas since you owned it? And is this the first time this year? Trying to understand if is ever worked for you and then stopped working.
4. When you go to start the fridge on gas mode, are you sure the fridge is turned on in gas mode? There are 2 buttons on the top of the RM2652.
An "Auto" button which applies power to the fridge and then automatically selects to first run the fridge on "electric" and if there is no 120VAC present, it will automatically try and run in LP gas mode. When you press the auto button, open the fridge and the light inside should be on. If not, the fridge has no 12 VDC power to it or in some rare cases the bulb is burned out.
Does the light inside come on? yes/no?
The LP gas mode has a button for it and it is often confusing to sort out the way they used the words to what is actually gas mode on. Do you push the button in or is it supposed to be out? Here is an easier way to determine if you are in gas mode. Next to the "Auto" button is a yellow indicator light which means the fridge is in auto mode BUT this light does turn off for other reasons so do not think it has to be on all the time as a power on indicator. If the fridge is turned on, and has 12 VDC power, the light inside fridge should be on. When the gas mode is off, the indicator light next to auto button will turn on yellow. When the fridge is turned on gas mode, the auto indicator will turn off and if you open the door, the compartment light inside will be on.
Please confirm you have actually selected the gas mode button and the light inside the fridge is on? yes/no?
5. Now some troubleshooting. There is a 2nd indicator light on the top of the fridge, a fault light called "Check". When the Check yellow light is on, that means that there has been a failure in the gas mode electronic ignition area. Does this light come on? and give us some feedback what was happening when it turned on? It happened when we tried to start the fridge, it happend after the fridge was running a while then came on etc.
6. Next is listening for clunks and clicks. Go outside and take the vent panel off the fridge. With someone inside, be outside and looking at the fridge with the cover off. (if only you are there, turn the fridge on gas made and quickly get outside.)
These 2 pics I am going to talk to
This is what you should see if the safety recall has been done when you take the cover off
, on Flickr
This pic shows the recall shield off, you don't have to take it off (yet anyway) but I'm showing what is behind it. Follow the copper gas line to the gas solenoid valve. You can put your finger on the gas valve if wanted to feel the click/clunk I'm going to be talking about.
over view - recall
, on Flickr
When the fridge starts on gas mode, you should hear (1) hard click/clunk of the gas valve turning on. Does it make this noise?
Right after gas valve turns on, you should hear a snapping of click, click, click once every second of the spark igniter going off. It needs to happen consent in that pattern, not miss a few then add some more, and it will do it for an approximate 45 seconds time period, then it will shut the gas valve off, wait 2 minutes and start another round of 45 seconds of sparking, shut off, do it again. After 3 tries if it does light, it means there is an ignition fault and inside the check indicator should be on. To reset the fault, turn the auto button to off then back on and you will get 3 more tries.
Tell us if you heard or felt the gas valve go on and off and if the clicks of the igniter are working and constantly.
7. One last thing to check, look at the gas valve. Just below the black solenoid coil there is a small (~1/4" dia) knurled knob sticking out with a screwdriver slot in the end of it. That is a gas shutoff valve. The screwdriver slot should be horizontal left to right to be on. It will be vertical up and down to be off. Make sure it is on.
We need some answers to these questions to help better
Hope this helps