Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #1

SUN #3575
Musikaldave is an unknown quantity at this point
T-1661 Fuse Panel Location?

Does anyone have an idea where the fuse panel is located in the T-1661? Unfortunately, all of the paperwork I have on the trailer doesn't indicate this simple need.

I'm looking for the panel that's used for the turn signals and stop lights etc.

I appreciate your help!

Thank you!

Old 06-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #2

SUN #3935
j2cool is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuse location

I know I have already given you this information but I wanted to include here for other looking for the same information. Pictures can be seen in my 1984 Sunline T-1650 album as well for other items and comments on them that may also be useful to other looking for information.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #3

SUN #3935
2nd attempt for picture attachment

My first attempt to upload an image did not work so this is the second. If this does not work. I will resize it and try again. Sorry its upside down. I had no control over how the image's orientation is after upload.

Left to right, is the furnance (heater), next to it behind a door that looks like storage cabinet similar to the one above just bigger, are the fuses, battery charger/power cover (the gray box with white label) and the electrical panel (steel blue box with black switches that looks like one large one-both under the over).

I hope this help other find things inside their camper.

If someone could tell what the switch is for on the cabinet next to the over knob, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0993.jpg (104.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #4

SUN #3575
I just looked again, all around the inverter, around the circuit breaker panel; nothing in there. It has to be hiding somewhere.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #5

SUN #3935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikaldave View Post
I just looked again, all around the inverter, around the circuit breaker panel; nothing in there. It has to be hiding somewhere.
I am stumped. I will look at your album and see if I could any place it might be too. Maybe you could also click on the photo tab and see if anyone has the same camper model like your that maybe able to help you. The difference in models (and floor plans with having the door in the rear affecting the inside may have something to do with it…just maybe.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #6

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #7

SUN #3935
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2cool View Post
I am stumped. I will look at your album and see if I could any place it might be too. Maybe you could also click on the photo tab and see if anyone has the same camper model like your that maybe able to help you. The difference in models (and floor plans with having the door in the rear affecting the inside may have something to do with it…just maybe.

I could not tell from your pictures. You do not have the bottom of your sink & stove area in the shot of it. Did you open up any of those panel below your sink and stove? What is in your, if anything? Can you take a shot of it and post it here for us to see and help figure it out with a visual aid?

Thanks

I see another member took a similar picture and his is in the same as spot as mine so even though some are older, the fuse all appear to be in the same spot.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
As has been stated before, a lot of the older campers had the fuse panel inside the converter and behind a small metal plate. The exterior are totally protected by the tow vehicle's fuses and go from the 7-way plug, to a junction box (Most of the time) and directly to the exterior lights. How they are routed is not the same on all units.

Our fifth wheel has the 7-way plug wire coming out at the top of the hitch pin box. The junction box is in the front bedroom closet and the exterior light wiring, as well as the brake wiring goes back down to the frame (Somehow) and around to all the lights.

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:44 AM   #9

SUN #1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bev-2363 View Post
This is your picture. I just flipped it around. Not a different unit.

jim
Old 06-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #10

SUN #3575
As in your picture, I have the breaker box, the inverter and the furnace access/vent, but no fuse panel in there for the turn signals etc. It has to be there because the wiring comes up into the trailer and then goes back out. There would be no reason for them to run the wiring into the trailer unless there are fuses located in there somewhere.

Also, I'm hoping that I can find that panel and the cause of my light outage on the passenger side (the running lights are not working on that side). I'm hoping it's a fuse and not another mission to restore wiring.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #11

SUN #3935
Do the wires run into the trailer on that same side? Maybe it is under your dining bench or for some odd reason under the range top, you do not have an oven so maybe the floor plan consider it a safe place to be it on the opposite side of breaker box and inverter like it is seen in my photo. Have you check all those storage doors can cabinet looking face fronts, under all the benches or maybe behind the bench. I have an storage area behind my bench next to the sink. You have a similar set up with your dining area right? Where storage could be behind one or both benches too, right? Or maybe it is in the storage on the small shelf area where a small TV could sit. I am just going to through all the spaces it could be somewhere in there.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #12

SUN #3935
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bev-2363 View Post
This is your picture. I just flipped it around. Not a different unit.

jim
Oh, how did you manage to flip it and get it upload upright. All my images are upright on my computer and taken in the upright orientation they just get turn of flip after upload. It boggles the mind.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #13

SUN #1830
LOL! Sometimes stuff just happens.

I stole your picture from the page here and saved it to my desktop. I renamed it so not to confuse the flipped picture. I use a free program called IrfanView to view your upside down picture. IrfanView has a function to allow me to rotate the picture. First I rotate one time to the right and then a second time and whomp! the picture was right side up. I then saved the upright picture under a new file name to my desktop. Now I had two pictures of your upside down picture on my desktop. I then open my picture folders here on SOC and uploaded the new, right side up picture to my folder. Then I opened the picture in the SOC folder and copied the URL and pasted it in my post here...............

........ Nothing to it, LOLOL!