Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-10-2017, 10:14 PM   #1

SUN #9150
mamadrama96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sunline solaris furnace issues

Just bought a 1993, i was looking at the furnace and i didn't see anything to be able to turn it on off or a light pilot setting. How do i get my furnace up and running first time, camper/trailer owner!
Tia
Sam

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Old 03-11-2017, 08:09 AM   #2

SUN #6579
Relie is an unknown quantity at this point
Furnace

Hi Sam and welcome to the forum. I have a 1999 Solaris and mine lights automatically when you turn on the thermostat. Just set it to heat and whatever temp you want and it should go on. If not you need to have it serviced. I'm sure someone else will jump in here and give you some other ideas.
Good luck!
Dave

Old 03-11-2017, 08:37 AM   #3

SUN #5443
krazedave is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the Club. Your furnace is controlled buy a thermostat on the wall. You need to make sure your LP gas tanks are turned on and you need to have a good battery or the trailer plugged into a 110 source. Your furnace runs on 12 volt DC. It does not have a pilot light. It is DSI which means direct spark ignition. When running it for the first time it is best to light off the stove top burners to get LP flowing through the lines. Hope this helps you.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll add a couple of things. Many thermostats had an on/off switch, if you turn up the heat and nothing happens it's probably turn off. All so once the fan runs don't expect instant heat there is a cycle it has to go through first after awhile you'll hear a pretty good clunk that's the gas valve opening after a few minutes you'll start to feel heat it's a pretty slow process from dead cold but once it's cranking it will heat the camper quickly.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:12 PM   #5

SUN #9150
Thanks guys gonna try tomorrow to see if ur guys tips work i did try turning on the thermostat and up and left it for a few mins but i didn't hear any distinct noises coming from it maybe just needs a little longer to do something. Also i have used the stove top and oven all works fine so leave those on while i turn the Furnace on is that what ur saying? if so ill try that.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:36 AM   #6

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
It sounds like it should work if the switch is on and the setting is above room temp. The fan at least should come on after a few seconds. If nothing happens there is a lack of power (fuse?) or an issue with the control board. No need to leave the stove on that only ensures that gas is available for the furnace to light.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:57 AM   #7

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadrama96 View Post
Just bought a 1993, i was looking at the furnace and i didn't see anything to be able to turn it on off or a light pilot setting. How do i get my furnace up and running first time, camper/trailer owner!
There are manuals in the files areas for the furnaces and other appliances used in Sunlines. The Dometic furnace manual includes complete instructions for proper operation.

You must have:
  • Propane in your tanks and at least one the tanks turned on.
  • 12VDC properly operating in your trailer and no blown fuses.
  • Thermostat set to HEAT and temp set high enough to operate.
When the thermostat triggers the furnace, the fan runs for a period of time, blowing cold air. This purges the system. Then the furnace self ignites and begins to provide heat.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:00 AM   #8

SUN #264
Quote:
Thanks guys gonna try tomorrow to see if ur guys tips work i did try turning on the thermostat and up and left it for a few mins but i didn't hear any distinct noises coming from it maybe just needs a little longer to do something. Also i have used the stove top and oven all works fine so leave those on while i turn the Furnace on is that what ur saying? if so ill try that.
Firing up the stove first is a trick we've all learned that helps fill the system with propane right after you've changed the tanks. It's probably not necessary during normal operation.

The Heat/Off/Cool switch must be in the heat position for the furnace to operate.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:32 AM   #9

SUN #9150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
It sounds like it should work if the switch is on and the setting is above room temp. The fan at least should come on after a few seconds. If nothing happens there is a lack of power (fuse?) or an issue with the control board. No need to leave the stove on that only ensures that gas is available for the furnace to light.
Ok when i go to the fuse box there is no fuse labeled for the Furnace would it be consider as the appliance converter or general on this.. I probably should change all the fuses anyways lol

Old 03-12-2017, 09:23 AM   #10

SUN #264
Quote:
Ok when i go to the fuse box there is no fuse labeled for the Furnace would it be consider as the appliance converter or general on this.. I probably should change all the fuses anyways lol
Your picture shows the 110vac circuit breakers.

Just to the right of them, you will see a row of blue 15 amp automotive style FUSES. These are the 12 volt dc portion of your trailer's electrical system.

The furnace is strictly a 12 volt dc appliance. One of the FUSES should be labelled for the furnace.

These FUSES are transparent so that you can easily see if one is blown. There is no need to replace a fuse that is not blown.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:35 AM   #11

SUN #9150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Collins View Post

Just to the right of them, you will see a row of blue 15 amp automotive style FUSES. These are the 12 volt dc portion of your trailer's electrical system.

The furnace is strictly a 12 volt dc appliance. One of the FUSES should be labelled for the furnace.

These FUSES are transparent so that you can easily see if one is blown. There is no need to replace a fuse that is not blown.
Other picture didn't load up

Old 03-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #12

SUN #9150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Collins View Post

Well yeah i was just gonna check them make sure none were and replace if they are.