Well, as I posted last week, the family and I finally got around to taking ole Silicone Sally out for a test run at the local state park about 15 miles from home.
While we spent Saturday and Sunday there and had lots of fun together camping in a cozy spot of our very own, we had some major thunderstorms come through the area on Saturday night.
On Sunday morning I went to retrieve some clothing from the cupboard and noticed almost everything in there was wet. I checked around the roof and low and behold; another leak! It appears that the area around the vent pipe is the culprit this time; of course I won't know completely until I test it with the garden hose and stand inside waiting for the leak to come in.
I was hoping the spray on crack and roof sealant that I bought at Walmart would do the trick in sealing that up but I guess that's not the case. That is, unless we have another small hole I missed during the work I did previously.
Anyway, now I'm going to apply some Black Jack roofing patch to the entire area and the spots where I found the previous leaks. I have a roof sealant that I'm planning to put on over that.
If the roof still leaks after all of that, then I think maybe I'll run some gutters under the holes and pipe the rainwater into the holding tank for some fresh, clean drinking water.
Frustrated, but still have faith!