Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #41

SUN #1340
Drake is an unknown quantity at this point
Update on the Water Heater Problem

So I installed the new regulator, and that was THE fix. I did encounter one little situation that I got resolved. When I reconnected the hot and cold water lines to the back of the new water heater, I had to disconnect a heating duct tube ( like a dryer vent) which ran across the back of the water heater. In reconnecting this tube after hooking up the new heater, the bottom valve on that bypass rig we discussed on this forum earlier, got turn 90 degrees. As a result no hot water was being delivered from the tank to the trailer, making me believe at first that the boiler flame had shut off prematurely and was not heating the water properly. When I found that the valve was not in its original ( as found) position and I turned this valve back to the proper position...presto...I had hot water!

One other thing. For a long time after I first hooked the gas up, the flame from the burner was loud and more orange than blue...sounded like maybe it was mixed with too much air or something... This finally went away and the flame burned a constant, even, blue.

Thanks again for the help guys and gals!! Being able to take a shower after a hard day's work adds so much more to the enjoyment of our visits to our camper !!!

Old 05-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #42

SUN #1340
Drake is an unknown quantity at this point
So let me sum up what I am hearing here and see if I've got it straight. When I winterize this year, I am first going to turn the outside source of water to the trailer off. Then, I am going to turn the top and the bottom valves shown in the picture, so that they direct the water thru the bypass line there connecting the cold in/hot out lines of the water heater instead of into the water heater proper. I'm also going to leave that valve in the middle of the bypass line in the position it is in in the photo because we can't think of why it is even there, much less what it does! Then I should drain the water heater tank. Then to check to see that the water heater is empty and not taking in water, after I drain the heater, with the valves still turned to the bypass setting, I should turn on the water and see if any comes out of the drain plug hole. Does this sound right to you guys?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #43

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
That's what I would do.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote