Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #1

SUN #1951
Nitrohorse is an unknown quantity at this point
Soft Bathroom Floor T-2070

I have a few questions regarding the replacement of the bathroom floor in my Sunline T2070. It appears that my black tank is directly underneath the damaged portion of the floor and I cannot find any obvious water leaks in or near the area. My guess is that condensation caused this damage. If the tongue of my trailer is pointing north, do my "floor joists" or 2 x 2s run east and west? I don't want to cut into the joists if I can help it while removing the rotten OSB. I'm trying to visualize what is on top of the two frame rails that run parallel from the tongue of the trailer back to the bumper. Are there metal cross ribs and then the wooden 2x2 are screw down into them? Secondly, what is the usual method(s) of cutting the flooring out? I have a battery powered small circular saw that I could adjust the depth of the cut, or am I better with one of those oscillating multipurpose tools as sold by Harbor Freight?
Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. This is the first issue I've had with the trailer and I really enjoy owning it.
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Nitro,

See here in the FAQ forum under

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f1...nks-11910.html

About 1/2 way down the post is this Subsection

Restoring a Sunline

1. Repairing water damage on your Sunline.

There are several links in that section with good pics of a rotted floor being taken up showing the floor joists.

Hope this helps and good luck.

John

PS, if you can picture document your repair I can add your thread to that good list for others for future reference to help others. This topic comes up from time to time.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote