Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-13-2011, 05:29 AM   #1

SUN #187
precorguy
Siding - my enemy!

good day:

first off - although we were very seriously considering selling our sunline given financial concerns - we have kept her - we just couldnt' image life without her and i didn't want to go back to tenting! So we're back!

i got the trailer out of storage the other week and brought her home - at the corners of the doors there are small cracks in the siding again --- we had this issue last year and i drilled a small hole at the end of the crack and caulked it - but it has grown anyway (i hate the way it makes the trailer look)

i just want to say the siding on this trailer has been a total pain in the arse - i think the day they did it they had a newbie on it or something.

anyway - i was thinking of putting some low expansion foam insulation behind the siding in the area of the crack after i drill a small hole and before i add more caulking.

i was also thinking of using some glue/bonding agent however not sure how to get something behind the siding to bond to.

my thought is that the low expansion foam will glue itself to the siding and add some strength and hopefully stop this issue.

thoughts?

thanks!

axle flip, back up lights, awning support, sewer hose carrier, 12V ouside plug, hinged top LP cover
Upcoming: ensclose underbelly, TV mount?
precorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #2

SUN #597
henryj
Alex, good to hear from you again and that your Sunline is still at home.

No one else has reported the crack continuing after drilling the hole. A recent post said to drill 1/8". What size did you use?

Henry

henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #3

SUN #187
precorguy
Well i didn't - actually the dealer was suppose to when they recaulked the exterior - perhaps they forgot or something - who knows its covered in caulking - perhaps i will give it another go and see what happens

thanks for the information

axle flip, back up lights, awning support, sewer hose carrier, 12V ouside plug, hinged top LP cover
Upcoming: ensclose underbelly, TV mount?
precorguy is offline   Reply With Quote