Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-03-2022, 04:43 AM   #1

SUN #13302
Soundgal68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Shower water pressure

I have noticed the water pressure in shower is low then I unscrewed hose at bottom and noticed a permanent washer with a small hole to let water through. Is that washer necessary? Can the hole be increased to get more flow? Thank you

Old 11-03-2022, 11:14 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Not sure what year/model or the faucet you have, but here are some generic comments which might help.

This is going to be "assuming" your hot and cold water in the shower are both having low pressure, if this is only the hot or only the cold, then we need more info to help better. This also assumes the kitchen, bath and toilet have adequate water pressure, if not then we need more info also as both of these can point to a plumbing or pump issue.

Generic comments.

The standard RV shower faucet and or shower head/wand setup is made to conserve water. This is often done by having a small disk or washer with a very small hole in it to created a fixed office to restrict the amount of water coming out the shower head. Reasoning is, the shower can use a lot of water and the onboard fresh water tank only has so much water in it, so to conserve the supply, they limit the shower and the sinks with the flow restrictors.

If you are on city water hookup, then removing the restrictor will increase the water flow. Just realize the grey water tank will fill faster too. If you are on full hookup with a sewer connection at the site, dump the tank often or let the grey water valve stay open.

Also realize, the water heater only has a 6 gallon tank supply, increasing the shower flow will use more hot water faster and you might run out of hot water too soon.

To help the entire situation and not waste water, but to get better flow, or what feels like better flow, is to do one or both of the following.

1. Upgrade the shower head to an Oxygenics RV style shower head. These limit the water but yet create a much better spray pattern to wash with. We have used one since they came out years ago, back then they only had one model, now they have many RV models.
https://oxygenics.com/products/?c=specialty

This is the one we have, it is a slightly upgraded model, but the same basic one. https://oxygenics.com/products/bodyspa-rv/

2. If your shower head does not have a on/off knob or button, then install an on/off valve in the hose. Let the faucet stay on your hot/cold mixture but shut the sprayer off. Then do a so called "navy" shower. Wet yourself, turn off the shower head, soap up, turn shower head back on, rinse off etc. Thus getting acceptable flow when needed, but shutting the water off rather then run all the time.

We do both # 1 and 2 above as we camp most all the time with water in the fresh tank. Both of us can shower back to back and not run out of hot water and have an acceptable water spray. I will add, when we bought our Oxygenic shower head, we liked the head but did not like the stiff hose that came with it. We kept the Sunline provided hose, but used it on the Oxygenic shower head. I see now Oxygenics changed the hose, it may not be as stiff as it was years ago.

Hope this helps

John

"

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 12:07 PM   #3

SUN #13302
John thank you very much. I have a 2004 Sunline Solaris 1950. I am staying at a campground for two months while working and have full hookup. I will order another shower head and see if that helps. Take care!
Old 11-03-2022, 06:45 PM   #4

SUN #10986
Tinstaafl is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll throw in another vote for the Oxygenics brand. Replaced the OEM (as far as I know) showerhead in my '99 T-1950 with one of those, and the difference was night and day.

John, they may well have changed the hose from when you bought yours. I didn't really pay attention to that when I made the switch, but the hose that came with mine is quite acceptable.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:07 PM   #5

SUN #13302
Thank you!!
Old 11-04-2022, 09:16 PM   #6

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Soundgal68,

If you get a new shower head, let us know which one got and if you like it or not. I know the 2004 T1950 Sunline setup, nice camper and Sunline made a lot of that floor plan over the years. The model may have changed a few times, but the basic layout is the similar.

I had the standard shower head on in my 04 T1950 and our 2004 T310SR, the original shower head, well it did work, but had a lot to be desired. We upgraded both campers. The Oxygenics shower head is not going to give you any more water, but it creates a bigger spray pattern using less water. More like rain drops in a pattern then solid little streams of water in a small pattern on the standard one. Many camper folks love the Oxygenics upgrade over the standard Sunline head, others not so much. It is for sure a personal choice thing.

Tin, Yes I think that did change the hose on the newer models.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote