Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #1

SUN #880
ronnyr
shower enclosure

Hi, Could anyone tell me what kind of shower curtain/door my trailer might have had? I have a 1999 Sunline 2453 with the bathroom in the middle. Right now I have a shower curtain that the previous owner put up with one of those rods that extends to fit snuggly inside the shower walls. It looks as though there was a door possibly, or some sort of curtain on a track instead of the set up in there now. I would like to put something in there better than what's there now, because it is obvious it leaks on the floor. If anyone would have a photo of it, that would be greatly appreciated too. thanks, Ronny

1999 Sunline Solaris T-2453
2008 Dodge Ram

Old 07-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #2

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Ronny, here are some shots of the original shower door with descriptions of what you are seeing.

First, door is half way open and you see how it sits in the bottom track:

Second, top half of door, same position. You can see the top track and the mating track on the
left hand door of the shower:

Fourth, closer view of top track (you can see the shiny manufacturers label on the top end of the vertical bar -
Irvine Door & Shower - same manufacturer as on the catalog page below):

Fifth, view of door open and holding strap in place for travel:

Below is the exact door that is in my 2453 - top center of the page.
From the Go-RV.com catalog which all the RV shops use.
The kit includes the rails which you may or may not need, depending on how much of the old door
the previous owner removed. You want the 36"x67" version in your choice of color.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #3

SUN #880
ronnyr
Thanks Steve! I figured it might be something like that judging from the tracks still attached to the shower. Now I just have to order one of those and get the floor fixed where it got soft. That's going to be a little be more of a project. Thanks again, Ronny
Old 07-23-2009, 08:22 AM   #4

SUN #880
ronnyr
Got the shower door in ivory from a local rv parts dealer for $92.89 plus tax. Took two days to get after ordering it. Prices from my local parts place were better than any I found online and I didn't have to pay shipping. Haven't installed it yet, but it looks like an easy replacement. Thanks Steve! I'm now on to fixing something else . . . I'm on a mission here to try to bring this abused coach back to life . . . Ronny
Old 07-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #5

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyr
Got the shower door in ivory from a local rv parts dealer for $92.89 plus tax. Took two days to get after ordering it. Prices from my local parts place were better than any I found online and I didn't have to pay shipping. Haven't installed it yet, but it looks like an easy replacement. Thanks Steve! I'm now on to fixing something else . . . I'm on a mission here to try to bring this abused coach back to life . . . Ronny
Are you replacing the top, bottom, or side rails? If you are, there are some caulking issues you need to be aware of before you start.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #6

SUN #880
ronnyr
For sure I will be replacing the bottom rail because it is cracked. I will replace the other rails as needed. thanks for the heads up. Is there anything you would recommend for sealing other than a typical bathroom caulk? Someone already used a white caulk around where the shower pan meets the walls, and it's stained and looks pretty bad. I am supposed to be taking the coach on its first camping trip in a little over a week; through Colorado, the Midwest and then back to Florida, and I am scrambling to get it ready. Ronny