Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #1

SUN #915
balch1947
screens

We have a 1994 Sunline Saturn 22 foot travel trailer. A bear, yes I said BEAR,decided to customize the screen on our front window. It's not
readily apparent to me how to remove the screen to repair it. Any help
would be appreciated.
Thank You

Old 07-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #2

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by balch1947
We have a 1994 Sunline Saturn 22 foot travel trailer. A bear, yes I said BEAR,decided to customize the screen on our front window. It's not readily apparent to me how to remove the screen to repair it.
The '94 brochure shows both square corner windows and radius corner windows. Which does your unit have?

If you have the radius corner windows, place your finger in the upper left or right hand corner of the screen. Push straight up about 1/4" and the bottom of the screen frame will clear the window frame. Pull it out slightly, and repeat on the other side of the screen. Then pull the bottom of the screen frame toward you and the frame will come out.

Once out, it's pretty much a standard screen and can be rescreened by most any hardware store or home improvement center. It can be a DIY, too. I never have any luck getting the screen smooth and tight so I don't even try.

My front window has the screen on the inside of the trailer rather than on the outside. I can't recall seeing any front windows on RV's with the screen outside. Or was the bear inside the trailer, too?

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #3

SUN #915
balch1947
Re: screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Collins
Quote:
Originally Posted by balch1947
We have a 1994 Sunline Saturn 22 foot travel trailer. A bear, yes I said BEAR,decided to customize the screen on our front window. It's not readily apparent to me how to remove the screen to repair it.
The '94 brochure shows both square corner windows and radius corner windows. Which does your unit have?

If you have the radius corner windows, place your finger in the upper left or right hand corner of the screen. Push straight up about 1/4" and the bottom of the screen frame will clear the window frame. Pull it out slightly, and repeat on the other side of the screen. Then pull the bottom of the screen frame toward you and the frame will come out.

Once out, it's pretty much a standard screen and can be rescreened by most any hardware store or home improvement center. It can be a DIY, too. I never have any luck getting the screen smooth and tight so I don't even try.

My front window has the screen on the inside of the trailer rather than on the outside. I can't recall seeing any front windows on RV's with the screen outside. Or was the bear inside the trailer, too?

Thanks for the reply. Our windows are square cornered as are the
screens. The screens are on the inside and the bear was on the outside,
thank you very much!!