Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #1

SUN #3517
fastphilly43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Running refrigerator on propane

Hello everyone!

After completely rebuilding the back half of my camper I am ready to take it out. I have never run a fridge on propane & was looking for some advice as I don't know if that part of the systems works. I have a 1985 Sunline T2261 & everything in it functions. When it comes to lighting the fridge (dometic), I am not sure how it works. I have read the directions printed inside the fridge on how to light it, but I am not sure if something is broken. The light that it shows in the diagram does not function. Its a small orange light next to what I would call an ingniter button. Now that button that it tells me to press in, just easily presses in. Is it supposed to click like when lighting a grill? If it is supposed to click, then it must be broken. Is there a way to bypass all this and manually light it? I realize this may be a stupid question, but since my site will have no power & I can only run a generator for 5 hours a day, I figured I would try to figure out how to run it on propane. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Phil

Old 08-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
You may well have a manual igniter system and there should be two buttons side by side. One you have to push and hold in (red circle) it will make no noise the other one is like a bbq grill it will snap to the left of the buttons is a small window that is where you'll see the flame it will be blue it's not easy to see if it's bright inside the camper you need to hold the red button on for a little bit then let it go and you running on gas as long as you see a blue flame in the little window.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #3

SUN #3517
fastphilly43 is an unknown quantity at this point
There is only 1 button and an orange lights on the front. I see where the window is where the flame is. I guess I'll try holding that button in again and see if it light through the window. Thanks for the help mainah.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Phil,

I do not have one of the older units, however if you get stuck, give us the make, model and serial number of the frdige.

I have been able to find most any operating or maintenace manual on line.

In fact see here in our files section. One of the manuals on our site may already include your fridge

Sunline Coach Owner's Club - Sunline Owner's Files - Sunline Kitchen

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote