Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #1

SUN #6257
JerryJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Ride height

My 1985 Saturn sits and rides fine, new tires new bearings....all is fine.
I'm a wee bit of a perfectionist for some things and I was wondering what the correct ride height should be for this trailer. My ID tag is sort of worn off so I think some critical info might be missing. I suppose getting a replacement tag is out of the question since Sunline is no longer
On my registration/ownership it's classed as a 13 footer but actual measurement from tongue to rear bumper is shy 15 feet (which is the normal way to measure a trailer's size).
Being that it's a 1985 things do sag over time.
Does anyone know of a chart where it would specify ride height from ground to chassis?

Sad: that Sunline went out of business. I have never seen a trailer so well built and so full of amenities. For a 29 year old trailer I'm finding only silly things to replace to return it to as original as possible

Old 05-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #2

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think I have ever seen ride height listed anywhere. The one important point is to have the trailer level when towing.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #3

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
JerryJ,

You should have a vin number on the tongue area on driver side. Sunlin Fan may be able to give you some info from.

I think somewhere the paperwork/registration got mixed up. By your length info you gave you have a T-1450 or T-1451. The T-1350 is the next size down. It is 13'-10" total length.

Go to the file tab and then to brochures/specs. etc.. Download your year.
You will enjoy the info time capsule.

I, like Gene haven't seen ride/hitch height data. Balance of weight and level as possible.

There are a number of threads on weight distribution.
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #4

SUN #5367
FiveORacing is an unknown quantity at this point
You should be able to guess pretty close from pictures if you know the height of the of the og tires. Most of the single axle pictures I see have the body right about the top of the axle hub. I don't think it would be critical though considering many people change the spring hardware of even flip the axle under the springs.