Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-03-2019, 05:54 PM   #21

SUN #11256
Nsmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi john thanks for all your advice. We have an 1989 Saturn that we are working on my ac cover is in terrible shape and your advice on roof approach and cover are very he.pful. Actually enjoy reading all your suggestions happy I found the sunlite Club!

Old 07-03-2019, 07:56 PM   #22

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsmatt View Post
Hi john thanks for all your advice. We have an 1989 Saturn that we are working on my ac cover is in terrible shape and your advice on roof approach and cover are very he.pful. Actually enjoy reading all your suggestions happy I found the sunlite Club!

Your very welcome!

Post some pictures of your camper sometime. We like to see them and we too learn from you.

Happy camping this season

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:28 PM   #23

SUN #9478
New2que is an unknown quantity at this point
AC shroud

Thank you for this post. We just lost the AC cover on our 2007 Que bringing it from VA to FL. We do not know where or how we lost it, only when we stopped we noticed it was gone. The aggravating part is we had just had the trailer to the RV dealer for servicing and we were told there were no leaks Etc. on roof. We tried to shield it when parked that night, but there were heavy rains. I think we may be looking at a total replacement.

Would you have a ball park estimate of what a new AC would cost?

Thanks again for the post. We will be treating with 303 protectant if we can find it!
Old 10-22-2019, 06:39 PM   #24

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2que View Post
Would you have a ball park estimate of what a new AC would cost?

Thanks again for the post. We will be treating with 303 protectant if we can find it!
I'm not sure what size AC unit is on the Que. If you can find the model number of the roof unit, we can help look it up with you. The roof unit part number is often on the "bottom" of the roof AC unit and you cannot see it unless you take down the the inside mesh filter. Then look up at the roof line from inside and a sticker should show up on the bottom the metal that it at the roof line.

Note: There is an air box and control system, they have different part numbers then the part that is up on the roof, which we call the roof unit. Try and not get the air box or the control system part numbers.

This link will take you to an average Dometic Brisk Air Duo Them AC shroud used on many of the Sunline Solaris travel trailers from ICON Direct. https://www.icondirect.com/dometic-b...oud-new-style/

Odds are favorable the above linked shroud "might" not fit yours" since you have a Que which is a smaller and unique camper. Again, this comes back to what is the AC roof unit part number to confirm.

Icon offers a lot these brands AC shrouds. https://www.icondirect.com/categorie...ioner-Shrouds/

I have bought several of them and they are good quality at a reasonable price. Also, once you find the right ICON part number, they are offered at other retailers, many times less expenses then buying direct from them. Amazon does sell some of their products. See here, Amazon offers the same Brisk Air shroud I linked from Icon ($144 + freight) above for $116 and free shipping if you have Prime. https://www.amazon.com/ICON-Brisk-Do...1790826&sr=8-1

303 UV Aerospace Protectant, https://www.goldeagle.com/product/30...ce-protectant/ can be found at many auto parts stores, Walmart and Amazon to name a few.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:29 PM   #25

SUN #9478
New2que is an unknown quantity at this point
AC shroud

John thank you for all the information. I will let you know how we make out. I know there are not many Ques out there so sharing any info is so helpful.
Safe travels.