Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #1

SUN #1546
apackoftwo is an unknown quantity at this point
Refrigerator Quit

Got back to camp last night after a 2 day, one night trip to the Porcupine Mts. The check light on my frig was on and the frig was off.

Everything in freezer was thawed but still cool....I was my cooking my formerly frozen chicken and bacon at 10:30pm last night! LOL! But lost some of my other frozen foods like fruit, veggies

I turned on "Auto" which I should have on any way. Asked if the camp lost power for some reason. Checked the fuse..it was good...reset/test outlet from hook up box turned on the other propane tank as I only had one turned on.

So I am wondering,

1. Doesn't the frig need gas to keep the ignition fire on and if only one tank was on and that ran out of gas, would the frig stop working?

2. Also wondering if the door was not shut all the way would that cause the Check light to come on and the frig to stop working?

Its on Auto and the 2nd tank is on and its working but need to figure out why is quit so it doesn't happen again....plus I am getting ready to do a couple nights of boon docking....THANKS!!

Joan & Miss Emme Lu Who
Full Timing in T-1950 2005 Anniversary Model
1997 6.5L Chevy Turbo Diesel Truck
"Pure Michigan"
Facebook: Apackof2 for the Rd
apackoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #2

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So I am wondering,

1. Doesn't the frig need gas to keep the ignition fire on and if only one tank was on and that ran out of gas, would the frig stop working?

Yes, if it was on "gas" and the tank ran out it would stop working.

2. Also wondering if the door was not shut all the way would that cause the Check light to come on and the frig to stop working?

Probably not

Its on Auto and the 2nd tank is on and its working but need to figure out why is quit so it doesn't happen again....plus I am getting ready to do a couple nights of boon docking....THANKS!!
The "AUTO" switch will run it on 110v electric if it is hooked up, and automatically switch to gas if not. If you have a 110v hookup and the power goes out the refrigerator will automatically switch to gas, if the gas is on. I'm pretty sure your regulator is an auto switch over type, which if you leave both bottles on, will draw from one tank until it is empty and then automatically switch to the second tank. There is an indicator on top of the regulator that will turn from green to red when this happens.

Mack

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by apackoftwo View Post

I turned on "Auto" which I should have on any way. Asked if the camp lost power for some reason. Checked the fuse..it was good...reset/test outlet from hook up box turned on the other propane tank as I only had one turned on.

What Mack said is dead on right.

But need to ask and need more info.

The check light only comes on for a fault when it is running on gas. You will never get a fault light when running on electric. The fault light means the gas flame went out due to no gas OR you had gas and it would not light. Both are a flame failure.

If you only had one tank on and the tank was low, you may have run out of gas as the auto switch over regulator had nothing to switch to.

Question: When this event happened was the fridge on Auto or LP gas mode?

Was the camper plugged into 120 VAC shore power?

When you came back to the camper and found the problem, before pushing any buttons, was the light on inside the fridge when you opened the door?

When you went to the LP tank when this happened, did you look at the auto switch over regulator and was the indicator green or red? Red means you ran out of gas on that bottle.

The door being open will not create a fault light, it may just just never cool down as it is trying to cool the camper.

How long where you away from the camper?

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frig, frig quit, refrigerator, t-1950