Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #1

SUN #349
OPIE is an unknown quantity at this point
Reflectice Plastic Molding...???

I just noticed the reflective plastic molding on my 1983 T-1550 is missing on one side. What I'm talking about is where the corners come together at the seams, there is a metal edge molding, and on top there is a plastic reflective molding that slides or snaps into the channel, covering the screws. I just noticed one side is missing, and it's driving me crazy. Does anyone have an idea where I could find replacements, or a substitute, or what to even call this stuff so I can Google it?

1983 T1550
OPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #2

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
I think this is the picture you intended to post

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #3

SUN #349
Thanks...I keep messing that up...one day I'll figure it out.

Anyway in the left front you can see the screws running from top to bottom, but the other side is covered. I think I fould some trim that will fit, but it is not reflective like the original. It is a saftety issue, and looks really cool at night when you pull up to her in a pitch black campground and the heaqdlights light it up like neon. I have a pic somewhere I'll have to add.

1983 T1550
Old 03-19-2011, 03:49 AM   #4

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Opie, It is called a plastic molding insert. Here is a link to some at camping world. I've not seen the reflective kind but it sounds nice. Maybe PO put some reflective tape on top of the plastic insert? Hope you find exactly what your looking for.

Camco Mfg Inc - 1" x 25' Trim Inserts - White - Installation Tools & Supplies - Camping World

jim
Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #5

SUN #349
Thanks...that is exactly what I found. I also talked to a plastics supplier I was friendy with from my purchasing days. He did a little research and it looks like all the mfgs switched to soft vinyl in the 90's. Mine is a harder plastic that bend with heat. Lasts way longer, mines lasted 28 years ,but is harder to work with....so no one works with it anymore.

I guess I'll just have to try and match the color or replace it all. Unless I find some old stock...but the odds are slim.

1983 T1550