Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-24-2011, 06:12 AM   #21

SUN #1953
frank_a is an unknown quantity at this point
Well Steve, I think last night and this morning before work I pretty much got the brake controller thing figured out for the 09 Canyon. Buying it with the factory 7 pin RV plug/tow package helped! Next is figuring out the 08 Outback, then seeing if the trailer's brakes work when we go get it.

Now it's on to retrofitting my boat trailer with a hydraulically actuated brake system. More fun, more $!

Thanks!

Frank

Old 03-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #22

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
John, we live a few miles west of the Hudson River between Albany and Catskill NY. Hudson NY in Columbia county is across the river, maybe 1/2 hour away. I work in Catskill and have meetings over at the community college there fairly often (twice in the last week). Gail works in downtown Albany, so living in-between works out pretty well. We've been here going on 10 years now. I'm originally from Massena, on the St. Lawrence River in northern NY, but have lived in NH, WA, OH, WY, WI, and VT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post

Frank
Frank,

Our paths almost crossed…..

The next time you drive over the Rip Van Winkle bridge heading towards the college, look up and you will see the Olana Castle. Remember that one spot.

Now when you drive in the college parking lot and go all the way to the south end of the parking lot, there use to be tennis courts on that end. There may or may not any more have not looked in a few years. Well if you are standing at the far south end parking lot and see the south tree line, on the other side of that tree line is the farm I use to own. Was my grand parents before then. It is now most likely over grown in bushes and heart breaking to say the least see in like that. The property bordered the state Olana site on the west side and the college on the north end and ran all the way up to Middle Road which is the road just past the college entrance heading north on Rt 23. Moved to OH now 20 years ago… where does time go.

When you are having your next meeting in the college, you are sitting on the same land my Uncle Art use to rent and raise potatoes there. This was all before the college was ever built. I was in grade school or high school when the college was built. Loosing track of which year….

By your description I’m thinking you are in Green County somewhere. Gee, if you lived in NH to WA and in between… you sort of have been across the country a few times…. I have been cross county several times for work traveling but not yet with the Sunline. That is part of the plan and will happen some day hopefully in the not too distant future.

Good luck and happy camping.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #23

SUN #1953
frank_a is an unknown quantity at this point
See John, it is a small world after all!

I very rarely use the old parking lot anymore, but next time I'm over, I'll keep this information in mind and check it out. Most of my meetings are in the nearly new Professional building built recently at the south end of the campus. I do believe I may have a meeting at the old campus next month sometime though. It is certainly a fascinating tale you tell.

We didn't live long in Rochester NH (not even a year), but we did live a couple years in WA where I went to grad school at WSU. First job I had after graduation was in Dayton, OH. Actually, it's kind of funny. We have three boys, the oldest born in Massena NY, the middle one in Dayton, and the "baby" (now 27) born in Denver CO. We were living in WY, but because Gail had some problems with the pregnancy, Billy was born in Denver CO, all of 2#s 7oz. You should see him today, you'd never guess he had been a tiny baby.

We own 6 acres in southern Albany County, close to the Greene County line, in the foothills of the Helderberg Mountains. We have about 2 acres we maintain and 4 acres in woods. The property is subdivided from an old Boy Scout camp, so there is a lot of old growth on it.

Take care,

Frank