Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #1

SUN #414
dicknlin
Problems with my Winegard antenna set up

Hi guys. Haven't posted in years but have run into some questions during my refit of my 2000 Sunline Advancer. I will post them separately. I have an issue with the internal wiring of my Winegard antenna. In a nutshell, the tv has no signal connected to the roof antenna. Works fine with the external port connected to the park cable. I disconnected the roof wire and connected a cable directly from the antenna to the tv and it works great. Obviously the problem is with the internal wire in the ceiling. I pulled the Winegard cover inside the camper and there is a black cable there but it seems to go through the double roof. Also the cable that comes out in the tv box is grey so it is not the same wire. Does anyone have any thoughts how I can rewire this without ripping the roof apart? Not an option!

Old 07-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
The park connection has no connection to the antenna it is a feed through. Is the antenna switch on? There should be a little LED light lit if it's on. The roof antenna requires 12 volt DC to work it comes from the controller inside through the coax to the antenna on the roof. If it's on and your sure there a re stations to be had then you'll need a volt meter, remove the connector on the roof and check the voltage between the metal screw in part and the little wire in the center it should read 12 volts if it does the antenna head is toes up.