Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #1

SUN #3402
twinsmommy is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Panelling

HI!! We had our rubber roof repaired last year because we had ALOT of water damage to the inside of the trailer. We had to rip out the walls in the bedroom. Does anyone know where we can get the panel boards to replace the MESS we made?? Our walls are down to the aluminum siding... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Tabatha

Old 02-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Tabatha

I see you are in PA. Do not know if you are in eastern or western PA but if you ever get close to Elkhart IN there are a lot of RV surplus places that can help on the paneling. If that is even and option for you let us know I'll hunt up the places I have been to.

The other option is to ask forum member "Frank" is his screen name. He built an entire camper and found a source for it after a lot of hunting. He is in the NJ area and that option may be closer to you on the east eastern end of the state. I think he kept hunting the lumber yards until he found it.

There is also an option to order some through an RV dealer. This may not be the cheapest method but is an option. I know if you find a Jayco dealer they can just about order anything from the factory. Other brands may allow this as well. Do not tell them you are looking for Sunline parts just ask them if you can order paneling for the brand camper they sell.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I see you are in PA. Do not know if they is east or west but if you ever get close to Elkhart IN there are a lot of RV surplus places that can help on the paneling.
Um John, I'm pretty sure Elkhart is west of PA regardless??

+1 for Bontrager's RV Surplus in White Pigeon, MI.

Could also check random RV dealers to see if they have pieces used in shipment. The edges may be a little yucky, but hopefully you can cut it off. It may have writing on the back side, but that won't matter.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:45 AM   #4

SUN #549
frank
Luann backed paneling is very difficult to find around here anymore. Two years back when we started the project I literally spent half a day on the phone trying various places and chasing leads. The closest place I could find any was "Builders Surplus Center" in North East (that's the name of the town) Maryland. Phone number is (410) 287-7040. They deal in surplus, so it's a crap shoot as to what they have and how much. I got lucky and they had something decent looking for $10/sheet.

Later on in the project we took a trip to Elkhart, IN. The surplus dealers out there (I was in Bontragers, RV Surplus and Factory RV Surplus) all had a little bit of paneling, but not the large amount I expected. While we were out there I took a walk through a Menards home center (we dont have those out here) and was shocked to see they stocked at least a half dozen patterns of Luann backed stuff.

Like others have mentioned, RV dealers that do a lot of repair work may have some hanging around. Talking to the local guys here, it seems they usually keep a few sheets of the white textured ceiling panel around if they can. I almost bought some of that through the local dealer, but the price was something like $40/sheet plus shipping.

- Frank
Old 02-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
Um John, I'm pretty sure Elkhart is west of PA regardless??
Jon, A typo fumble.

This was what I wanted to say.... A drive from west PA is not as bad as eastern PA. It is a long state...

Try this:

"I see you are in PA. Do not know if you are in eastern or western PA but if you ever get close to Elkhart IN there are a lot of RV surplus places that can help on the paneling."

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote