Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #1

SUN #1760
frodothree is an unknown quantity at this point
Oven lighting issue

My 1985 sunline 2263 has an oven lighting issue - doesn't light! The pilot lights ok but produces a small flame, about 1/4 inch. It stays lit when I release the knob so the thermocouple must be working ok.
However, when I turn the oven knob past the pilot position nothing happens. No main burner light, no gas sound, just nothing. Pilot still stays lit through all this and the top burners all work with plenty of pressure.

This is not something new - the oven has never worked since I bought this TT three years ago.

Ideas??

Clark

Old 01-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #2

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine is a pain to ligtht but my problem was getting the pilot to light, looks like you are past that problem. Did you try push the knob in and turn to 350 or so and then hold a long handle lighter under the main burner?

Could be you need to shake the little critters out of the oven burner or tubing. I have never taken mine apart so I can't give you any good first hand tips there.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #3

SUN #1760
Thanks for the reply Gene. The main burner valve just doesn't open at all. No leaking gas or rush of gas just nothing. Hate to start taking it apart without having good potential for available parts nearby. I can cook without the oven but would be nice at times for roasting or baking.

Clark
Old 01-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Clark

Do you have a make and model number of the stove? I may be able to find a service manual for you.

Since yours is an 85 model I want to look it up first to make sure it works like the newer ones before I start telling you what to try.

This much we know from what you told us. The pilot works and stays lit. That is good and a start.

You can also find most any part you need if it come to parts. Don't know if the 85 is out of parts date just yet. http://www.rvdealership.com/rvdstore/index.aspx

They have exploded views and parts next to them but first I have found I find the original manf diagram as it is easier to read to make sure I cam ordering the right part.

I have bought from them and had very good luck. They are in Elkhart IN.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #5

SUN #1760
Thanks John.

The oven is a Wedgewood and the best I can read, the model number looks like 124560. The last two numbers are just a guess because they are very faint.

I tried that web site link and just get a blank screen. Web site seems all screwed up as very little info can be found on their other pages.

Maybe you will have better luck.

Clark
Old 01-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #6

SUN #89
Hi Clark

Yes for sure the RVDealership site is messed up..... It was working when I posted it but it sure is not now.

I'll do some digging and report back. There are many other options

John

Old 01-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #7

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Clark, I looked at the operation manual for my 2363 and the oven model is a R-1745. Yours might be similar but much can change in three years.

Have you checked to see that you have gas going to the valve for the oven? This oven looks to have one line going to the pilot and another, that may be a completely seperate line going to the safety valve. Perhaps bleeding the inlet line to the safety valve to see if it has gas or is restricted somewhere. Or the same for the line to the oven pilot assembly. That could eleminate fuel feed problems to the oven.

There is a CAUTION:
The safety valve can be pulled forward only a few inches. Use care to avoid damaging the gas input line.

The Maintenance section, under the Malfunction section has.....
Oven burner wan't light or doesn't stay lit.

Probably cause:
1 Insufficient gas pressure.
2 Clogged oven pilot orifice.
3 Possible defective oven safety valve or sensing element out of position.
4 Possible defective thermostat.

Possible remedies:
1 Check for gas leaks and check regulator.
2 Clean oven pilot orifice.
3 Replacesafety vavle.
3 Replace thermostat.

Hope something here will help.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #8

SUN #1760
Oven lighting issue

Thanks Jim. I have decided to blame the failure on the safety valve. Since the pilot lights (it has pressure) and stays lit (the thermocouple works) the only part left is a safety valve malfunction or some stoppage in the main line.

Fixing it will require removal and likely replacement of the safety valve. That would mean no furnace or cooking until fixed so it must await spring weather.

Clark
Old 01-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #9

SUN #1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodothree View Post
Thanks Jim. I have decided to blame the failure on the safety valve. Since the pilot lights (it has pressure) and stays lit (the thermocouple works) the only part left is a safety valve malfunction or some stoppage in the main line.

Fixing it will require removal and likely replacement of the safety valve. That would mean no furnace or cooking until fixed so it must await spring weather.

Clark
I can wait until most major projects simply go away or loose importance.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #10

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodothree View Post
Thanks John.

The oven is a Wedgewood and the best I can read, the model number looks like 124560. The last two numbers are just a guess because they are very faint.

I tried that web site link and just get a blank screen. Web site seems all screwed up as very little info can be found on their other pages.

Maybe you will have better luck.

Clark
Hi Clark

I tried to find the service manual on line and the site that use to have it does not work any more. I did have it on my hard drive and I uploaded it here. Sunline Coach Owner's Club - Sunline Owner's Files - Atwood 2007 Service and Training Manual

There is 186 pages of Atwood tech service there. On Page 53 of the PDF it starts talking about ranges.

I cannot identify with the 124560 number you stated so I cannot tell how your is setup. Page 55 shows the older and newer Wedgwood series numbers.

See if you can find which gas valve setup you have or it is not even in that service manual let me know, I'll see if I can hunt some more.

The RV Dealership parts place, don't know what happened with their web site. It is still down. I'll see if I can find the sales receipt where I bought from them last fall and a phone number. PPL Motor Homes use to even have a link to them and now their link is gone too. Hope they did not go under. However the key is if you can find the Atwood part number you want, then it is a web search and they show up under many on line dealers. The service manual may help get you to that point

Hope this helps

John

Old 01-26-2011, 05:48 AM   #11

SUN #1830
Clark, Here is the number I have for the Safety Valve on my 1991 unit. 51177 for the Standard Model and the Top Lighter Model. That should give you a valve to compare yours with, if you find a place to buy them.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:29 AM   #12

SUN #1760
Thanks Jon and Jim. I downloaded the file and it may be of some future help. One item in the oven portion mentioned the oven taking 30 seconds to respond gas after turning the knob from pilot to a set temp. I'll try that when I get more time to play. If the safety valve is really the problem then it is a spring/summer project.

Clark
Old 08-14-2015, 08:53 AM   #13

SUN #7550
Kartimel is an unknown quantity at this point
Clark, were you every able to get your oven working? I also have an 85 Sunline with precisely the same issue. The inside of the oven look brand new, nice flame on the pilot but the oven will not light up and no smell of gas to spark with my lighter.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:43 AM   #14

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
They do take awhile to light it's not instant.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:33 PM   #15

SUN #7550
Kartimel is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried for close to 10 minutes (holding the lighter to the openings with the heat set high) this time but have had the camper for a couple of years and it has never started up. It is making for nice storage when we go out but would be better as an oven.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #16

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
I "fixed" mine I took it out a sold it! Replaced it with a fancy European hob with a glass top about the last thing I want to do camping is deal with any thing that requires an oven!
Old 09-10-2016, 05:29 PM   #17
Ben

SUN #8815
Ben is an unknown quantity at this point
T2130 safety valve part number.?

Hi John

Hoping you can help... I have a wedgewood R1745AG in my 1993 Bigfoot C8.8 truck camper..the pilot lights but the main burner does not. I have read through a few posts and I see that this oven is also a T2130 via the xref chart in the manual you have provided..guesting seem to be that I need to trouble shoot this and you noted in a post the triage steps... line blockage, and then safety valve.. I was not sure how to approach the troubleshooting..seems like there is no gas at all for the main burner..pilot functions like a hero though... so I wonder if you know how I go about testing the rest... and if you know a part number for the safety valve..?
Thanks in advance
Ben