Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-24-2016, 08:00 PM   #1

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
OPD valve connection leak

I found a leak at one of my propane tank pigtail connections (at the tank valve) last year and was able to get the proper pigtail at the local RV dealer (the Camco part I ordered through Walmart didn't fit the regulator, had to send it back) and right after installing it, I checked the connections with soapy water only to find the leak was still there. Tightening it some more did nothing to help. I noticed that the amount of leakage changes when any sideways pressure is put on the hose as it deflects the connection. Interestingly, the old plastic connector had a supporting flange (that the new one doesn't) that prevented any sideways movement. I removed the pigtail from the valve and I can see a black rubber washer inside the valve. Is this replaceable? Or does the entire valve, or the entire tank with the valve need to be replaced?
Thanks,
Rich

vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:14 AM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
They should seal with either type of connector "O" ring or not but the hand operated one's may not seal correctly with a damaged seal. The parts are available both the bull nose "O" ring and the seal inside the valve. Or just trade the tank in. I still use the tapered bull nose and a 7/8 wrench on mine.