Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #1

SUN #2523
norac22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need informations !!

Hello, I have a Sun Line trailer 17 'in 1993 and I have 3 questions.

1. I want to install an antenna Winegard crank type, what place on the roof needs to be drilled for installation?

2. I also want to install a radio + CD player, where can I take my 12-volt power, is that the wiring is available somewhere to be connected?

3. I also want to install a solar panel and I'd like to know what places are through the roof in order to be strong for screwing the brackets to the panel?

Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by norac22 View Post
Hello, I have a Sun Line trailer 17 'in 1993 and I have 3 questions.

1. I want to install an antenna Winegard crank type, what place on the roof needs to be drilled for installation?
Are you sure it doesn't already have one? Most if not all came with them from the factory by that time. I've never actually had this question before, since so many do have it already, so I'm not sure how the best way is to mount it. I'd be interested if Gary could comment on how they are mounted structurally in the ceiling, I'm not sure exactly.

Quote:
2. I also want to install a radio + CD player, where can I take my 12-volt power, is that the wiring is available somewhere to be connected?
Should be fully prepped for it, yes. Look for little red stickers. Depending on your floorplan, you should see a little white sticker with red text on the face of one of the cabinets saying, "Wires for radio or speaker here". If you open that cabinet and look inside to behind where that sticker is, you should see some sort of box/cover in that area. It'll be hiding the wires for a radio. Simply cut out the cabinet face to fit your stereo and connect the wires. You should see similar red and white stickers in four places along the ceiling, and that will be where the speaker wires end at. Drill a small hole near there (big enough for your finger, at least), and try to snake the wires out. Once you figure out which is which (left rear, right front, etc.), you can connect them accordingly to your new radio.

Quote:
3. I also want to install a solar panel and I'd like to know what places are through the roof in order to be strong for screwing the brackets to the panel?
Anywhere that there's a roof rafter. I'm assuming you probably have a stamped aluminum roof. If that's the case, look for where the screws already are. There really isn't anything substantial between the rafters, just pretty much insulation, so you definitely want to attach it to the rafters. IMPORTANT: Make sure you seal up your screws, but between the panel's bracket and the roof, and then over top of all when done, with mobile home roof seam paint. You can get it at an RV dealer, online, or maybe some other places. It's important that you seal up around these places so no water gets in and destroys the trailer.

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #3

SUN #2523
norac22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for that information, I identify the location of wiring for installation CD, but I'm also surprised at the lack of TV antenna in my trailer. I'm still looking the place planned to install my antenna. Regarding the rafters, I would like to have the roof plan showing the location of these, because I am having difficulty spotting. Thank you again for the information.