Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-02-2020, 09:59 AM   #1

SUN #11833
kirkcomer is an unknown quantity at this point
Marker Lights

I've searched the forum but didn't find any results on this. I'm sure someone has ran into the same issue. The red and yellow marker lights on my camper need replaced the distance between holes is 3 3/8". If anyone has found a good place to purchased them or replaced them with a different brand please let me know.

T BARGMAN 68 SAE-P2-A-81 is the model number.

I also just emailed Bargman. I will share on here their response.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200502_112137.jpg (65.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20200411_135847.jpg (61.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20200411_140612.jpg (36.7 KB, 8 views)

Old 05-02-2020, 06:43 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Frankly I would trash the old ones and replace them with sealed LED's.

Old 05-02-2020, 09:32 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Bargmen discontinued them several years ago. If you get a response back from them, please post the outcome. Was hoping they may have started making them again.

I have found a drop in replacement if that is what you want to do. The aftermarket is recreating them to fit the exact same holes.

This is where I have bought mine from. I have had good experiences buying from Etrailer.

Here is the amber from Optronics
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lig...cs/MC48AB.html

Here is the red from Optronics
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lig...cs/MC48RB.html

The lights do not come with the screws. Your old ones may be rusted, I replace them with stainless. When you tighten the screws, only use a hand screw driver and be gentle. The screws are only screwed into the very thin siding and the siding can strip out with any amount of excess torque.

The good part about them, they are a direct fit and low cost. No different holes to drill, or figure out how to seal the light to the camper. The reality is, they are only as good as the original and the Optronics does not supply new screws.

The replacements I linked I would say they are in the 8 to 10 year range if you use some 303 UV protectant or other brand UV treatment on them. You may have less years if you do nothing to protect the sun damage. The sun bakes these lights to death. The 303 helps prolong that. And if you drill 2 small drain holes in the bottom of the light, they will last more towards the 10 plus years. Over time tiny cracks come in the sealed lens and then water can wick in, freeze and crack. By adding the drain holes when they are new, water will not accumulate inside and the lens last longer and not water infect the camper when they fill up inside.

See here for the 2 small holes I am talking about

It is also good to caulk the top and ends to the siding. Touch the light and siding with the caulk. I suggest Dicro non sag sealant or Proflex RV sealant to do this with. I do not suggest you use silicone. It just does not bond well long term on the outside of a camper.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:39 AM   #4

SUN #2943
Tod Osier is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkcomer View Post
I've searched the forum but didn't find any results on this. I'm sure someone has ran into the same issue. The red and yellow marker lights on my camper need replaced the distance between holes is 3 3/8". If anyone has found a good place to purchased them or replaced them with a different brand please let me know.

T BARGMAN 68 SAE-P2-A-81 is the model number.

I also just emailed Bargman. I will share on here their response.
those lights are an industry standard size and several companies make them. Basically if the lights look like they are the same, they probably are. etrailer has them like John says, they often have diagrams listing things like hole spacing, so they are very helpful (if not the least expensive).

I replaced just the lenses and left the wiring when I replaced mine, it saved a bunch of work to just twist the old back onto the new lense. I went with LED lamps and have many carefree years on the combo of old bases, new lenses and cheap leds. I dicored the top of the light and screws for water issues and went up one size for the screws to get some more tightness in the holes since some of the holes were a little loose.

2006 Sunline T-1950
2019 Ford F-250
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tod Osier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:03 AM   #5

SUN #11833
I was emailed this back:

Good morning Kirk,

Please call our trailer techs at 1800-632-3290 and select option 2, they will assist you with this application.
Thank you!

Antonio Escobedo
Horizon Global America
VIP & Email Queue Representative
1-800-632-3290

So I called and selected option 2 as the email said. It just gave me a recording about warranty and asked me about proof of purchase. When I selected I did not have proof of purchase it said something about going back to the store and disconnected the call. lol I didnt try anymore. I'm just gonna go with the ones JohnB mentioned from etrailer.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:57 AM   #6

SUN #89
Thanks for reporting back.

Stuck in a phone system, going nowhere, ah yup. Been there and hung up too

Old 06-01-2020, 07:04 PM   #7

SUN #11833
I just ordered the marker lights. Very easy transaction and the lights were less than $5 each. The link JohnB posted did not work for me but here is a link that worked for me and shows you both colors.

https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=MC48AB

Also ordered a set or light up posts for my boat trailer that should help loading and unloading of my boat easier. Thanks for the help JohnB!
Old 06-01-2020, 09:33 PM   #8

SUN #89
Glad the new marker light worked out for you.

H'mm on the Etrailer links. I tried them again tonight and my MS 10, PC goes to the lights. And so does your link go the 2 lights on the same page.

Are you using a tablet or a PC and if what brand tablet/PC or Mac? Trying to understand this so we can make sure it works on all viewers.

John

Old 07-09-2020, 08:30 PM   #9

SUN #11833
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Glad the new marker light worked out for you.

H'mm on the Etrailer links. I tried them again tonight and my MS 10, PC goes to the lights. And so does your link go the 2 lights on the same page.

Are you using a tablet or a PC and if what brand tablet/PC or Mac? Trying to understand this so we can make sure it works on all viewers.

John
Just tried the links again from a different computer. Both of your links worked fine and so did the one I posted. Might put the marker lights on this weekend if all goes well.