Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-13-2016, 04:04 PM   #81

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Stinky hot water is not uncommon if that's the case the hot water tank needs a good cleaning out.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #82

SUN #4422
noralee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bev-2363 View Post
Noralee, You just answered the problem, I think. A hundred year old septic at the least needs cleaned out, no matter how little you use it. Others have filled it for you. It is like pouring water into a full bottle. What little air is in the bottle will be forced out before more water can go in. That air, under pressure of the water entering the bottle, will find a way out. Even if that air must bubble through drain traps. Since you are only using six gallons of water the septic must be up to the top.

Now I'll rest more easy. Hope you can.
i wish it were this. but a while back we ruled out the septic. i detached the septic for about a week, drained the grey tank once or twice when it was full, but had no continuous connection to the septic. it didn't make a difference.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:06 PM   #83

SUN #4422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
air vent
| |
| |____
| ____<== stuff from the house
| |
| |
septic
btw, good job making a pic out of keyboard strokes. impressive.
i think i addressed your point in the previous post, but a while back i did disconnect from the septic, so the camper was on a closed system, and there was no change. and if odor was seeping from the ground, the whole area of the land where i am would be unbearable, and that is not the case. there is no unpleasantness other than this, odor wise. i think i'm understanding your post, but let me know if i'm off.

i still haven't discovered anything about the water yet, as i've been distracted.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:43 PM   #84

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
"the one thing that i have been noticing is perhaps there is a smell with the hot water itself, coming from the water heater. i do notice a smell, but haven't been able to single it to just the hot water, and not the cold water".
If you narrow it down to the hot water that would not surprise me the hot water tanks can get pretty nasty they have no liner just aluminum coating that can react with minerals in the water plus any yuck on the bottom of the tank. The way it is designed it can not be totally drained so stuff lays on the very bottom. The camper supply shops sell a wand you can stick in the tank drain plug hole to wash out the stuff on the bottom of the tank.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:38 PM   #85

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by noralee View Post
... i detached the septic for about a week, drained the grey tank once or twice when it was full, but had no continuous connection to the septic. it didn't make a difference.
OK, I guess that rules out the idea Jim and I were thinking of gass comming back from the septic system.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #86

SUN #1830
Jim-Bev-2363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Start plan B. What is really being smelled? What is the difference between a polluted water system and a septic tank? Both are unpleasant but surely not the same. Couldn't the black water tank be opened to compare the smells coming up through the toilet? How about opening the drain plug on the hot water heater and smell water coming out or the inside of the tank? How about draining water in the fresh water tank to see if that is the smell? Is the odor mold that has settled in the walls? Odors from all of these parts can appear when water is flowing, can't it? So what odor is being smelled?
Jim-Bev-2363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:20 PM   #87

SUN #4422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bev-2363 View Post
Couldn't the black water tank be opened to compare the smells coming up through the toilet? How about opening the drain plug on the hot water heater and smell water coming out or the inside of the tank? How about draining water in the fresh water tank to see if that is the smell? Is the odor mold that has settled in the walls? Odors from all of these parts can appear when water is flowing, can't it? So what odor is being smelled?
i wish i could post a smell here for you i really do.
i can rule some of these out off the bat but i'm still doing research from the last few posts and will follow up soon. i've been distracted with other pressing camper issues. we're not getting along.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:55 AM   #88

SUN #1830
Small blessings in internet protocol, LOL!!!! ..... It would be nice to compare odors. Sorry you are having such troubles. Maybe time for another camper. Keep an eye out for one, maybe.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:36 PM   #89

SUN #4422
just following up here. i haven't given up on this project, but have been working on a project building a structure here so that i have additional living space. i'll still use the camper for kitchen, plumbing, etc and will continue to look for a solution. all this effort won't be in vain! and i'm excited to have a real home space (only saying that because the camper is so small and was never intended for a long term living situation.) but together with my new 'room' i plan to have a great home here. good wishes for your projects.
noralee
Old 09-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #90

SUN #8866
Ken E Boyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello, I have a T1350 Sunline and I TOO HAD A TERRIBLE SMELL inside the camper. Mine came from two sources. One was the plastic toilet itself. To prevent the bowl from over flowing if the fresh water flush valve kept running, my bowl had an overflow dump hole that would allow the flooding to empty back into the black tank. The reverse was happening. The fumes were coming up out of that bowl hole. To cure it I removed the plastic toilet and replaced it with a glass toilet with no overflow hole. PROBLEM SOLVED! until...

I had a horrible smell again! It was coming out of the Hydroflame gas heater. The gas control valve was not shutting off tightly and the smell of rotten onions was coming from the leaking propane.

I pushed the igniter button in and about blew the front off of the furnace. My cure for this? I got rid of the gas heater, gained extra closet space, and rely on a 1500 watt electric hot air heater that we have always used as we have only camp in electric provided sites.

I hope this info helps

By the way: Does anyone know the MT weight of the T1350? The tires are rated at 1360 LBS each. My wall label does not indicate this.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:19 PM   #91

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E Boyer View Post
By the way: Does anyone know the MT weight of the T1350? The tires are rated at 1360 LBS each. My wall label does not indicate this.
Brochures for all model years are in the FILES area. They all include weight specs. What you seek is already here for the reading.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:32 AM   #92

SUN #1830
Look at the top of the pages on this website. You will see a "FILES" tab. Click on that and you can follow the yellow brick road to camping happiness. Or more frustration, whichever comes first, LOL! Hope you find information you need.