Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #1

SUN #1005
chanchsirk
looking for repair service

hello all! its been quite some time since I've posted here..... after much frustration and aggravation I have FINALLY managed to get the njdmv to issue me a title!! (YAY!!!!) so now its time to fix it up! there had been a pretty severe leak in the roof - I have all the replacemment vents and caps etc but I need someone to do the framing work and possibly test the trailer wiring...I'm in northern nj and I don't know if I should have a dealer repair it or perhaps maybe find a handyman or something to do it - any suggestions or a nod in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

1988 Sunray T-220
'04 Ford F150
chanchsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #2

SUN #1005
chanchsirk
I was also wondering if there is a specific insulation I should use in this TT??

1988 Sunray T-220
'04 Ford F150
Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd avoid the dealerships, their prices will be outrageous and their work no better than a local handyman, maybe worse. If you have any campgrounds close to you, they might be a good place to check with. They might have a bulletin board with business cards on it. A campground with "seasonal campers" in it would be an excellent place to check, because those folks have to learn how to fix it themselves or have a repair man come to their site, they might be able to recommend someone.

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchsirk View Post
I was also wondering if there is a specific insulation I should use in this TT??
The insulation can be the standard fiberglass which is all Sunline used. Or use can use the foam board pending you can get it in where you want to place it.

Sorry I do not know any repair places in the Nj area.

If you can find an independent RV repair person may be more economical then a large RV dealer and just as good if not better in many cases.

A handy man (person) who does home repairs with wood has the tools and talent to repairs most things in a camper. If they need help in what kind of RV caulk, butyl sealing tape etc to use we can help point you in that direction. Caulk used in the home does not work well in certain RV applications due to the road bounce. Avoid using silicone of any kind on any roof repair. They sell Dicor self leveling roof sealant for this on a camper.

Good luck on your camper.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #5

SUN #1005
chanchsirk
Thanks for the suggestions! After a few people coming to look at the camper (and never getting back to me) I decided that I could handle the repairs myself. It took longer than I anticipated but I have it just about finished!! that leads me to my next question/parts problem. The pvc tee fitting under my sink is cracked (ugh!) and the 2 plumbing supply places I have taken it too basically told me they couldnt help me and I should consider replacing the plumbing lines to accomodate a new tee fitting - I can't believe this is really the case!! Its a sch 80 male threaded tee and I was wondering if anyone knows where I may be able to get another??
I've looked online but can't seem to find them.....

Can't wait to take my camper out on its maiden voyage since its repair!!

1988 Sunray T-220
'04 Ford F150
Old 05-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
If you get a chance, please post some pictures of your repairs.. We would love to see them!

I did a google search and came up with THIS.. See if any of them will work for you...

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #7

SUN #1005
chanchsirk
thanks for the link to the google search - same results I have seen in the last few days - its seems the male threaded tees or at least the one i need only comes in brass and unfortunately the threads are different on the pvc fittings. I did however come across a very helpful counter man at one of the supply houses I went to and he suggested trying a very heavy duty commercial epoxy that is rated to handle a higher pressure than what my camper will ever see - hopefully it works! I've also tried a few online rv sites and none of them seem to have it either....

I will certainly try and post some pictures - unfortunately my previous computer crapping out on me recently most likely took my older pictures of the condition it was in when I bought it and some of the beginnings of the repairs....

1988 Sunray T-220
'04 Ford F150
Old 05-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #8

SUN #3680
bobatkin is an unknown quantity at this point
insulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchsirk View Post
Talk to a home insulating firm that does spray foam. It is the best. They will spray your trailer.