Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-14-2015, 01:32 PM   #1

SUN #7445
rose is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Lighting Pilot/staying on?

Hi there, a newbie with camping, so much I don't know. Can anyone help me. I have tried to light the hot water heater, the pilot stays on, after about 5-6 minutes the entire system shuts down where the pilot is off and the heat supply is shut off at same time. I don't even know if there is a place on the water heater to turn on so this will work, nor do I know where the hot water heater is. I have a 1989 Sunline Satellite camper that i canot see the hot water heater just by opening the side panels. There is a thing under the bed, but my husband says its a pump for the potable water. So where is the water heater and why won't this stay on????? We did get it to stay lit enough for hot water in the sink for dishes, but thats it. So what to do now?

Please help. I am very upset....

rose

Old 06-14-2015, 06:02 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
It's kind of has to behind one of the panels for the exhaust to exit. It will have vent ports in the cover. If you got it to light you have found it, you most likely have a bad thermocouple.