Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #41

SUN #1879
OhhWell is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD_Driver View Post
I'm trying to keep myself busy, to keep from going nuts... Kitty's passing has been very hard on me and I don't look for it to ease up any time soon.

I found a burst pipe under the kitchen sink. I pressurized the water system with air and it was very obvious. It is hidden, but repairable. I will end up removing the sink, as that is the only way I can get to the pipe in question. I may be able to get to it by removing the stove, but I don't know yet.
I had no idea Kitty passed. I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't offer any great advice on how to deal with that one. Keeping busy and keeping friends close is good though. As with all things, time will of course heal. A pet could be a good companion for you as well at a time like this.

A leak in the water system certainly could play havok with a trailer floor. I have a mini repair on the bathroom floor of our new-used 2753 as well. I will probably just replace the toilet. It was dripping pretty good when I turned the water pump on.

I don't know what your plans are with the trailers but finishing what you started for Kitty sounds like a good short term goal.

Former trailers - '94 T-2770
'02 t-2753
'08 Keystone Sprinter 299BHSS
OhhWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to EMD_Driver Send a message via Yahoo to EMD_Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhWell View Post
I don't know what your plans are with the trailers but finishing what you started for Kitty sounds like a good short term goal.

A good friend gave me some good advice yesterday. "Don't make any decisions that you may end up regretting. Even if it seems right in the present."

The Sunlines aren't going anywhere just yet. I do fully intend to finish the 2653 and possibly use it quite a lot. The fifth wheel is wonderful and huge, but I don't know if I want to use it by myself. It also contains Kitty's final mods. To me, that Sunline is priceless.

Unfortunately, the 2653 does not have any of Kitty's personal touch in it. It does have a lot of myself and a few other special people in it. The work in it may not have been done by Kitty, but it has been done FOR Kitty.

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #43

SUN #809
ihsolutions
Gary,

First let me express my condolences for your loss. I never had the opportunity to meet Kitty, but felt like I knew her well from all her posts and some PM's we had back and forth. She will certainly be missed and I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you.

As you know, we also have a large fifth wheel. I have had quite a few opportunities to take it out on my own, and despite initially feeling like it was overkill for one person, I really enjoyed it. In fact, for one trip I borrowed my younger brother's very nice T-2363, and couldn't wait to get back to my fifth wheel. His Sunline is a fabulous trailer, but once you're accustomed to the size and amenities of a large unit it's hard to down-size.

When you think about it, there's really not much downside to pulling the fifth wheel. It takes a little more fuel (surprisingly not much more), but tows better than a TT. It's a little more work keeping it clean, but not compared to an aluminum sided trailer. The biggest downside I see is tree branch clearance in certain campgrounds, but I've learned to work around that.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I agree with your friend to take your time making the decision.
2012 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD D/A DRW, Classy Chassis Conversion, aka "Garage Queen II"
Hensley Trailersaver BD3 Air Hitch
ihsolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #44

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
A good friend gave me some good advice yesterday. "Don't make any decisions that you may end up regretting. Even if it seems right in the present."
That is very wise advise. Give yourself time and stay close to friends.

Again, we would like to express our sincere condolences for your loss.
You know we will always there for you.
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
The guy putting the vinyl in for me, thankfully, did not show up on Monday. I called him on Wednesday and he came this morning. The vinyl is now in and we'll be ready to put furniture back in place soon.

Here's how it looked, before we got started.

He started by unwrapping it and started everything from the street side front corner.

First cut... It looks odd against the wall, but it is set to where it will be within 1/8" of the wall, when it expands..

I had to suspend the pipes and wires. I also put a strap on the end of the furnace, so it would not put too much strain on the outside flange.

Woody is cutting for the furnace gas supply line..

He moved so fast, it was hard to get pictures that weren't blurry.

I still have the heat on, to help the vinyl relax and expand. I'll keep the heat on for 48 hours, per his suggestion. I'll get more pictures then. I will also be trimming around the exposed floor/wall joints, but it will have to wait the 48 hours. Kitty would have been so impressed with how it turned out. This is the flooring she picked and it is oriented the way she wanted. I think it looks great! It's hard to believe that this is the last Sunline, Kitty's touch was directly involved in.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #46

SUN #128
Tweety
It looks awesome. She made a good choice of flooring! We'll look forward to more pics.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #47

SUN #1879
OhhWell is an unknown quantity at this point
Now that does look nice. I hate to say it but I would be tempted to re-upolster the couch and dinette cushions after seeing how nice the wood floor vinal looks.

Former trailers - '94 T-2770
'02 t-2753
'08 Keystone Sprinter 299BHSS
OhhWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #48

SUN #37
vcrt is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks great Gary! I can hardly wait to see the completed job.
I agree with Kitty, that was an excellent choice of flooring to put in that camper.
Rich
vcrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #49
Jay

SUN #4376
Jay is an unknown quantity at this point
I like it!! Looks great!
1979 GMC C-15 Sierra Classic
1930 Ford Model A
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #50

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow Gary, Kitty sure would have been very pleased! Wood floors (or wood-look alike) look great in these oak trailers. What's the plan to trim the edge out now?

Also, have you decided, are you putting the complete dinette back in?
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
I fixed the broken water fittings, but will post those pics in another thread. After fixing it, I decided to put the drawers and door back in place.. Looks pretty good, if I say so myself!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
Wow Gary, Kitty sure would have been very pleased! Wood floors (or wood-look alike) look great in these oak trailers. What's the plan to trim the edge out now?

Also, have you decided, are you putting the complete dinette back in?
Kitty could see the finished product, before I was even done tearing out the rotted floor! I'm also going to miss her "Kitty's touch" with our Sunlines.

I have to wait until I get everything back in, before I trim the edges out. I've been thinking about using some type of small oak trim.

I originally planned to leave the one bench out, to allow room for Kitty's bedside potty. Now that it's no longer an issue, I will have to wait and see how it looks. Kitty had talked about putting wainscoting along that wall and leaving the bench out. I will look into that option... I really haven't decided yet...

Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #53

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Wow Gary, that looks great!!!! It goes really well with the cabinets.

Curious, how long did it take them? These guys who do this for a living fly through this stuff. They know the tricks for sure.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Wow Gary, that looks great!!!! It goes really well with the cabinets.

Curious, how long did it take them? These guys who do this for a living fly through this stuff. They know the tricks for sure.

If you don't count the amount of time I was in their way and taking pictures, not to mention talking their ears off, they had it done in 30 minutes!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #55

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
, they had it done in 30 minutes!
Wow.....Money well spent!

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #56

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Boy, the flooring looks great! Kitty really had a good eye.

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabes View Post
Boy, the flooring looks great! Kitty really had a good eye.

Like I said... She could see the finished project, when I was just getting started!

Old 11-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Trying to keep myself busy (Besides doing the errands/paperwork for Kitty.) I've been working on the 2653. I managed to get the sofa back in, as well as all the drawers. I also got the dinette back in. I was debating whether to put the rear bench in and decided to go ahead with it. When I put the table base back in, I used the original measurements. I did not take into account the lower floor and the table has a slight incline now. I will figure that one out later.

When I put the rear bench in, I could not screw it from the outside, like Sunline did. Instead, I came up with a different idea. I bought some 1x4" oak and stained it. I cut 3.5" from one end and cut down the corner nearest the door. I put two screws through it and into the door framing. I then drilled through the backrest of the bench seat and put a screw through it to the block of oak.

The stain matches the cabinets pretty close, but not the plastic coated luan...

Inside the seat, I cut another piece of the oak and attached it to one of the wall studs. I then put screws through the front and back, into the oak board.

When I removed everything, I marked each piece. I wanted to make it easier to put back properly. When I was putting the dinette drawers back in, I could not find one of the drawer tracks. I looked everywhere for it. I even looked for another one at Lowes. As Philip and I were working this evening, I remembered my spare parts "Stash" Philip dug his way into a very dark shed. Armed with a flashlight, he found four of them! They were too long, but that was easily solved. Interestingly enough, they used the same ones in 1996/97, that they used in 2004. I cut a few inches off and mounted it...

That's as far as we got today... The table still needs an adjustment, but the dinette is now back in..

Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #59

SUN #246
Janalee
Looking so very nice Gary! What are you trimming the edge of the flooring with? And did you glue or tape it down? Seems like it will shrink away from the wall if you don 't get something there soon to hold it . When you are adjusting the table remember that your benches are also lower..someone down the line may want to use that as a bed so you will probably have to lower the wall brackets rather than beef up the leg..JMHO..Keep up the nice work! Janalee
'96 2553 & '95 1950 Sunlines
'95 and '98 Solaris 2653's
2002 Solaris T-2363
Janalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janalee View Post
Looking so very nice Gary! What are you trimming the edge of the flooring with? And did you glue or tape it down? Seems like it will shrink away from the wall if you don 't get something there soon to hold it . When you are adjusting the table remember that your benches are also lower..someone down the line may want to use that as a bed so you will probably have to lower the wall brackets rather than beef up the leg..JMHO..Keep up the nice work! Janalee
I bought some oak shoe molding, but I am no woodworker! I really made a mess of it. I'll probably get the plastic molding instead. When the floor was put down, it was cut to allow for expansion and shrinkage. It is not glued down at all.

I already adjusted the wall brackets down, as far as I could go. My next idea, is to move the brackets that are under the table. I will make sure that the table still fits between the benches properly, so it can still be used as a bed.