Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #1

SUN #349
OPIE is an unknown quantity at this point
Leaky water heater - part 2 !!

I asked for advice on a leaky water heater a while back....OK - it's two years later, and a friend offers me a used water heater for free that was torn out of a catering bus...so I figure - GREAT - lets rip mine out and see what's what!!

Now I'm sorry I did. When I tried to get the old heater out, it had corroded so badly it was fused to the linoleum. So I figure - OK - it's under the sofa and going on 30 years old, just cut the linoleum and out she comes. No problem!! It works - then I peel the linoleum off the bottom of the heater and a big chunk of heater comes with it....I'm thinking that's not good. I go back inside to survey the damage and the floor is gone...just a pile of moldy, smelly, used-to-be plywood, all the way down to the sheet metal under the trailer. Ugh.

Well, now I have hot water, and a giant hole in my floor. I'm thinking for what this is going to cost me to do right I can buy a new trailer - or if the real estate market drops any more, a new house.

The water heater is propped up on 2x3's and I bleached the smell out, but I'm thinking it may be near the end for the old girl.

1983 T1550
OPIE is offline   Reply With Quote