Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #1

SUN #5530
rivertrails is an unknown quantity at this point
Leaky seam fix.

Was hoping to have major repair of rotten wood done. Didn't happen. I think water is leaking on one corner maybe through seam. A lot of the camper was missing the rubber strip that that goes in the seam and covers the little screws . But I don't think the camper is presently leaking anywhere but one corner. I bought some 3" Eterbond tape to put edge seal. First do you tighten all those little screws with a small socket or is it some special kind of screwdriver tool? If I am putting Eterbond tape over the edge is it still unnecessary to replace that rubber strip that fits in the edge sides and covers the screws. If so, What is it called so I can try and find some.If This camper ever gets torn apart to fix well its all going to half to come off so I decided to only put the Eterbond tape on the side corner that's still obviously leaking. The campers been in a barn all winter.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #2

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
It would be best to see pictures of the area in question. It really helps to eliminate confusion.

Please acknowledge if you can post pictures. There are sites that sell replace edge molding and screw head covers.

There also are a thread or two showing some of these being replaced.

P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #3

SUN #5530
cant post picture

every time I try to upload a pic from the sunline upload site this message comes up Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 1851114477 But I got the name of the corner molding from you I can look up. I just don't know if its necessary to put it on if I'm putting Eternabond tape over the whole edging any waY
Old 07-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #4

SUN #5530
cant upload pics

Weird. It just uploaded the pics to my canapy awning post just fine. Still wont do it here.