Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #1

SUN #1030
paulr
leaking window.

Hello fellow sunline owners, greetings and salutations. ( I thought I would try a formal greeting, my wife says I need more culture, ha, like monster trucks arent plumb full of culture).

I still have a leak in my window on my little sunline Saturn, its the emergency window on the drivers side, but it's not leaking around the window ( I just resealed it a while ago ) but it's actually leaking where the frame is put together at the top of the window, lets see if I can go take a picture before it gets dark, back in a sec. Ok here we go
If you look below the hex head screw you will see where the window is put together, this is not a standard window but an emergency exit that opens from the inside so you can have that last vestige of hope that you wont burn alive while your butt gets stuck trying to crawl out of it. Here is what I have done.
1. Resealed window around frame

2. New weather stripping around inside edge of window part that swings out.

3. Cuse and holler because window is still leaking while neighbors think I am killing my wife and eating my dogs.

Has anyone had a window leak because of the way it was put together?
Can I get a new window that matches this one if I can't get it sealed?

I have been fighting with this window since I bought the camper and Im no closer to getting it to stop leaking than I was when I thought I might like to have a camper!
One idea I had was to braze all the gaps in the frame but I wish I knew the construction of these windows, it's always helpful to know how somthing is put together when your trying to fix it.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Paul

I do not know your exact exit window. Ours in the bed room is made different.

However on our windows where the metal comes to a joint, they put a caulk over the crack. If yours is coming in that metal joint, Dicor non leveling sealant will stick, stay flexible and for sure seal it.

John

PS. What ever you sue, avoid Silicone. Even the best 50 year stuff in this bounce down the road on roofs or framework will separate it in about a year or less. Maybe more but not for years and years like the Dicor. Plus once you silicone it, nothing else in that area will stick very well unless you sand to bare metal.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:13 AM   #3

SUN #1030
paulr
Hello john, I will stop and pick some up to day, I will need some for the roof anyway when I get started working on it. thanks for the help