Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-29-2015, 04:24 PM   #1

SUN #1124
wendydahle is an unknown quantity at this point
leak/rotted bathroom floor

On our last camping trip, I finished the dishes and emptied the kitchen sink, only to hear it pouring out the camper onto the ground. The grey water tank was apparently full (sensors not working properly) and instead of backing up into the shower, it poured out somewhere else. When I went outside, it was coming from under the membrane and onto the ground.
My husband is currently trying to find where the grey water is leaking from. It has leaked under the floor in the bathroom, soaked the insulation and rotted the floor and the beams. He cut out a rotted piece of floor from the bathroom, and now we can see the studs going across the floor have water damage as well, and the insulation was soaked. So we have a hole now in front of the shower but we still cannot see where the leak is coming from. We have pulled out the panel from under the kitchen sink and another from under the bathroom sink. Could anyone point us to where it could be leaking? And where do the sinks and shower empty into the grey tank and how could we check that fitting? Seems our holding tank is in front of the axle behind the wheels. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have looked through the postings and have found some information, but I am hoping someone has had a similar problem and can tell us where to look. Thank you. Our model is a 2353. Year 1999.

and one crazy Belgian Tervuren Shepherd who isn't happy unless he's camping!:[SIGPIC]
wendydahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:24 PM   #2

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
Could be leaking where plumbing enters the gray tank. Connection may be broken or no longer sealed.

Old 08-29-2015, 06:43 PM   #3

SUN #1124
wendydahle is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you. That is what my husband is trying to check. Unfortunately the drain pipes leading to the tank are under cabinets and difficult to get to.
Any suggestions on how to get to where the pipes enter the tank? Does the kitchen sink and bath shower connect and have one entry point to tank? And does the bath sink have it's own entry to tank or does it connect with the other drain pipes? Is there only one entry to the grey tank from all sinks and shower, or are there two entry points one on each side? We are trying not to tear up the entire floor.

Correction on our Solaris model - my husband says its not a 2353 its a 2453?
and one crazy Belgian Tervuren Shepherd who isn't happy unless he's camping!:[SIGPIC]
wendydahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:41 PM   #4

SUN #2366
j52wf is an unknown quantity at this point
From what I have been told, there is usually one intake line and a vent line. All my sinks and the shower tie in at one point and enter the tank under the stove or the fridge. Not sure right now. Also not sure if vent is a separate line or just a "t" with the drain line. Would have to check. They don't make the plumbing easy to work on. You can start be going straight down from the vent on the roof and see where that takes you.