Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #1

SUN #9356
Rsanderson73 is an unknown quantity at this point
IN over my head!

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 1993 sun line 40 ft. I got what I thought was a good deal but I realize now I bit off more than I can chew. After taking a few days to look it over these are my revelations. All the electrical components are gone(no breaker box,converter, nothing but exposed wires under what used to be the cabinet that housed stove, which is also gone, appears to be no hookup for water or sewer. All I see is a broken sewer pipe underneath. Shower is gone. Kitchen sink is there and toilet. No shower or sink in bathroom. Can anyone help me as far as where to start with where the sewer is supposed to be. I know there has to be a port where the sewe hose would hookup to dump the sewer. Also on the outside of the rv there is an access door that says city water I think. Well it is all gutted out just a hole to inside the rv. I have no knowledge of rvs so I'm lost. Also, where would the breaker box be located. I was prepared to renovate this rv but I didn't realize it was in this bad of shape. Pictures of what it's supposed to look like would help. Thank you so much.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:26 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi,

In this case, I know of no one in the club who has the same model as yours so finding someone to help show theirs is going to be difficult.

But... not to despair, we can help. Can you take some pics of what you have and post so we can see what you are up against and then we can show you some of how ours are put together so you can at least see the "concepts" of what yours might be like.

You can recreate the end results even if it is not exactly how it was originally built since now none of it exists right now.

Also a question, are you planning on towing this camper as a main way of camping going from campground to campground or would you only be towing it to a destination location where it will be setup on a permanent spot? Reason for asking is, to be a totally mobile camper, certain things are built differently then a camper that is only transported and then stays in one location. For example, if you are staying in one location you do not really need a fresh water tank to store water from your home to the campsite. You can just bypass the need of a tank and hookup to a city water connection for example.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:11 AM   #3

SUN #9356
Rsanderson73 is an unknown quantity at this point
That helps a lot

Thanks for the reply. My plan is to take the sunny to the beach and leave it. I have no plans to pull it but one time to a permanent location.I will be working on it all weekend and I will post some pics tomorrow. Thanks for all of your help.

Tags
repair