Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #1

SUN #2361
Cleon is an unknown quantity at this point
I need help reinforcing lower awning brackets

does anyone have pictures of an exposed corner where the floor and sidewall meet without the siding? I need to reinforce my lower awning brackets but have no idea what i'm getting my self into. we have 1990 T170.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #2

SUN #3354
UPbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point
This probably won't help you, but it's all I've got. On my 17 1/2SB the awning screwed into the floor system, which on mine was very rotten.

Reinforcing would be difficult unless you have access to the framing either by removing siding or by inside access. If the mounting points are behind beds/booths/cabinets you could possibly install a block on top of the floor running from one stud to another and move the mounting point up to that block. Would need to fill the void between the block and siding to avoid crushing the siding. Not sure that all makes sense.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #3

SUN #2361
Cleon is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks that makes sense i will add that to my "tool box"

cleon
Old 03-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #4

SUN #3255
Murphie is an unknown quantity at this point
Cleon, sorry I don't have a picture for you but the trailers I've taken apart have had 1.5 inch lag bolts that screwed into plywood. Your trailer is quite old. Unscrew the bolt completely and take a look at it. That should tell you your next move. You will probably have to unbutton the corner and loosen it up until you can remove the bottom piece of aluminum. Just take your time and be aware that you may have to rebuild part of the trailer. If water caused this problem it may have leaked down from the roof. You need to ultimately find where the leak came from and fix it to stop from having to go thru this a second time. Enjoy the process, it can be very rewarding. Good luck

Richard