Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-13-2020, 09:41 PM   #1

SUN #11894
mssunline is an unknown quantity at this point
Furnace wont turn on Atwood

Getting ready to go on our first trip in the camper. I've been very worried about it being too hot, made sure the AC will work perfectly. But now I'm not sure if where I'm going it will be cool in the evening and I might need to use the heater. I turned on the propane, the stove and fridge works, the hot water heater works, but I can't get the heater to turn on. I thought I heard the pilot trying to light when I first turned it on but i'm not sure. Might have been the pilot for the fridge or something? I emailed the previous owner to ask for help but haven't heard back yet. I Tried using the reset switch on the unit you get to from the panel on the outside. I'm not sure if there is a fuse or some other kind of switch someplace? The fuses appear ok, but I don't have a wire diagram to know which fuse it would be if there is one. Or maybe it's just so hot the thermostat wont let it turn on? Nothing will turn on, it's not like the blower starts but the heater doesn't turn on, it just doesn't seem to respond at all. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:14 AM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Does the fan run? It should pre purge before any thing else happens.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:17 AM   #3

SUN #8473
roger66ogden is an unknown quantity at this point
Check to be sure you have the thermostat set to heat. Also If the temperature in the camper is higher than the lowest setting on the thermostat the furnace will not run.

Roger
Old 09-14-2020, 07:21 AM   #4

SUN #8473
Mainah I don't think it is doing anything by my understanding of mssunline's post
Old 09-14-2020, 09:54 AM   #5

SUN #5443
krazedave is an unknown quantity at this point
You could run the A/C to get the temp down to around 70 in the trailer then turn it off and then try the furnace.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:17 AM   #6

SUN #11894
Ya nothing runs, no fan. Any clue which size fuse it might be? There is no wiring diagram, the fuses look ok and nothing is showing as a bad fuse but I’m just looking into an unmarked fuse box. The ac fan runs just fine. I did try turning the ac on last night to see if I could get it cool enough in case that was an issue but maybe I didn’t leave it on long enough. It was still pretty warm out, and the high end for them thermostat is 90. When I run the ac I can turn the ac on auto or just run the fan on auto. I mean clearly it’s a different system since it just turns the fan on in the roof, but for the furnace it seems that switching it to heat and leaving it on auto is the only option? The previous owner just said it always worked.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:44 PM   #7

SUN #11894
I got it WOOOOR-KIIIIING! So, apparently you have to turn on the thermostat to the lowest setting (or maybe just low) then turn it to Furnace, then turn the temp up. I had tried different attempts to this the other day but I guess not in this exact order. Whatever. The heat works! The AC works! I got my generator and it works. And I got a pully and I can get the darn gen in and out of the back of the truck. And I got a toy box for my dog's toys so I guess we are ready! Maybe we will actually make it to and back our destination this weekend. It's a LOT of space for just me and my very tiny dog.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:38 AM   #8

SUN #8473
That's awesome!
Old 09-16-2020, 08:20 PM   #9

SUN #5443
krazedave is an unknown quantity at this point
What year is your Sunline and could you post a picture of your thermostat? I had a 2006 T264SR and had thermostat problems like are having. I replaced mine and it worked good for two years and then the same thing happened again. It turns out it was a system problem and dometic came out with a fix for it with a new thermostat and new wiring.