Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-19-2010, 07:24 AM   #1

SUN #96
rebellious78
For those who use 303

Maybe this has already been posted somewhere, but we can't seem to find it. We just got a gallon of 303 protectant. We have always used it on our slide seals, and has been working excellent.
Has anyone used it on your fiberglass sides?

Thanks!

David & Mary Ann
2018 Ford F350 Dually 6.7L Powerstroke
2006 Sunline Solaris T-264-SR
2012 Palomino Bronco B1500LB
rebellious78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #2

SUN #597
henryj
I use it on the front window awning including the decal, the doors and the Sunline decal on the back. The awning and doors seem to be "different" than the sides in some way and prone to yellowing. Sunline didn't make the doors and possibly not the window awning either--Jon will know for sure.

I guess I'm just a dumb fan of elbow grease and wax the trailer twice a year--without a buffer. It looks good despite sitting out for more than 5 years and traveling 30,000 mi. I also 303 all plastic like fridge vents, vent lids and AC shroud.

I may start using 303 on the nose above the clearance lights which is at the right angle to the sun to be especially prone to oxidation. I just did some restoration with Protect All Fiberglass Oxidation Remover and Color Restorer and will add a post to that thread in a day or two so you should look for that. Compare our sig photos and you'll notice that the slide out Sunlines have a completely different nose profile than the 2499 and other non-slides and that may make the 2499 types more prone to oxidation above the clearance lights.

Henry

henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #3

SUN #96
rebellious78
Thanks for your post Henry. We have always used Protect All at least 3 or more times per year on the whole unit. Since we read on the bottle of 303 that it can be used on fiberglass sides, that made us wonder if it might work better.

David & Mary Ann
2018 Ford F350 Dually 6.7L Powerstroke
2006 Sunline Solaris T-264-SR
2012 Palomino Bronco B1500LB
rebellious78 is offline   Reply With Quote