Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #1

SUN #2903
Kenneth is an unknown quantity at this point
Flooded Sunline ?????

I found a 2006 Sunline for sale that someone is selling that he bought from an auction. ( He has a salvage tittle) It is quite apparent that it was in a flood. There is no damage in side except for the obvious water damage to the floor. The outside is banged up a bit and some of the siding has been pulled away but is still attached. All the appliances work just fine including the slide out. I am handy and can do the work my self but don't know what I am getting into. Has anyone undertook such a project. I have just replaced some flooring and supports in our T-2570 ( I need to post pics on my other thread). And had no problems but I think this is going to be a complete floor job and the bench seats show water damage too. What do you think should I run away of consider undertaken the project?????

Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
It will certainly be a big job...insurance companies totaled out a number of Sunlines last year when there was so much flooding in/around PA.

It wouldn't be too bad of a job if you had a way of lifting the body off completely. That could consist of a way to put two stringers across/underneath the walls and then four bottle jacks to lift the walls off the floor. Then you could roll the frame out and completely redo the floor then. You would also need a way to remove the slide before doing that too.

Remember, it will probably require pulling some aluminum off the outside (on the bottom) so you can remove all the screws holding the walls down and then pull the screws out that hold the cabinets down. It would be a big job.

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #3

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
You are taking on a really big project some thing else you'll need to worry about is water damaged wiring and electronics, fuses, converter/charger wheel bearings, it's a long list insurance co. often don't even look just write a check when it comes to flood damage.