Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #1

SUN #187
precorguy
Fender

i noted the other day that the fender - particularly the road side as small hairline cracks around the screws particularly - i assume its the wind movement when driving - the trailer has been lifted.

behind the fender is a piece of metal (aluminium likely) that i think i can drill into to install some sort of support to reduce the movement of the fender while driving.

here is my concern - i would like it to look nice --- any ideas on what to install to make it look like its suppose to be that way - i would like to do it before i have to replace the fender (as i have no idea where i would get one from).

help is appreciated!

axle flip, back up lights, awning support, sewer hose carrier, 12V ouside plug, hinged top LP cover
Upcoming: ensclose underbelly, TV mount?
precorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Precorguy

I do not have a direct answer to your question on where to put a strap but this may help. I do not know what your year looks like behind the fender to help suggest but if you can pot a pic, I throw out a few thoughts that might spark and idea for you.

My 2004 uses the older style fenders

However I have had the cracks near the screws that you may be referring to. And mine does not hang down like your does so I do not know if the brace will totally solve the problem for you but should at least help slow down the problem. Vibration, the deep formed plastic and possibly the screw too tight when new I think may have contributed to mine.

On mine I used a stainless washer and screw to spread the load out more before the crack totally took a chuck out around the submerged screw. The screw pressure is not in a differetn place then deep down in the hole. I also squirted some Dicor sealant in the hole first to make it stick and be more water tight.

See here. In this pic I have not yet trimmed the new putty tape but you can see the screw & washer and an older white one

Now where to get new fenders for your 2007 TT, Kitty Kanyon had 2 of them for sale brand new off her 2006 T2499. I was interested in them but they will not fit my camper, wrong style. If you want them, check with her before they are gone

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote