Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-14-2017, 02:11 PM   #1

SUN #9184
Falcao is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Essential Tools?

If you were to create a tool kit of the bare minimum tools that you would keep with you for checking on things, general maintenance, and making repairs to your (especially older) Sunlines, what would you include?

Old 06-14-2017, 05:11 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
A #1 and #2 Robertson screwdriver, channellock pliers a 12 volt test light, replacement fuses 10 to 30 amps, (some older one had glass fuses) new ones have ATC fuses. Duct tape,plastic tape, a lug wrench to fit the wheels and some kind of jack. Hose gaskets, spire light bulbs, cell phone and a credit card.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:23 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
mainah has a good list. I second all his but would add to it these. Again you stated bare minimum.

3M 33 electrical tape, adjustable wrench, Philips and straight blade screw driver bit to go in the handle holder along with the no. 2 square bit. A few worm gear drive stainless hose clamps, Nylon tie wraps.

While not part of the tool kit... more of the bail out kit... A spare key in the truck to fit the camper. And a spare key in the camper to fit the truck. I learned the hard way....

While those may be the bare minimum, I can safely say my camper kit is much bigger. I also have a truck kit and it has what ever the camper kit does not.

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:40 AM   #4

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
It is an unwritten law, no matter how much you take with you the one tool you will need is still at home in the tool box. The same goes for parts. There is no way to prepare for any major thing on the road to me the best bet is make sure everything works at the starting gate. So just take the stuff that will make your trip more enjoyable be prepared to fix annoying things instead of a major brake overhaul or a broken spring. For most people the big stuff "A" won't happen and "B" if it does it will probably be above their pay grade any way. Keys are a good ideal mine are hidden inside of one of the compartments you can't see them but you can feel them if you know where. This negates the need for two (or more) people to carry keys if one wants back in the camper and the other is nowhere to be found.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:03 AM   #5

SUN #9248
gypsyRN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
mainah has a good list. I second all his but would add to it these. Again you stated bare minimum.

3M 33 electrical tape, adjustable wrench, Philips and straight blade screw driver bit to go in the handle holder along with the no. 2 square bit. A few worm gear drive stainless hose clamps, Nylon tie wraps.

While not part of the tool kit... more of the bail out kit... A spare key in the truck to fit the camper. And a spare key in the camper to fit the truck. I learned the hard way....

While those may be the bare minimum, I can safely say my camper kit is much bigger. I also have a truck kit and it has what ever the camper kit does not.

Thanks

John

Thanks for sharing this great information!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2017, 02:26 PM   #6

SUN #9184
Falcao is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for your lists and suggestions! As I'll be living in mine full-time in one place for most of the year, what else might you add to the list?
Old 06-15-2017, 03:01 PM   #7

SUN #8893
Thomascine is an unknown quantity at this point
I include a utility knife, hammer, a flashlight and a head lamp in my tool kits and I also have a socket set. Not an expensive one but one that can be used in an emergency. I have not made one for the camper yet but I do have one for my vehicle.

Thanks,
Tommie

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do..." Mark Twain]
Thomascine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment, tools