Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-15-2008, 07:04 PM   #1

SUN #668
Jason Z
Dometic Fridge problem

Well, I have been working on the camper slowly, but surely. New wheel bearings, new tires, new carpet in rear BR, new floor in front area. Thats the good stuff.
Unfortunately, A fella that works for me misunderstood my directions and plugged the TT into a 220 volt plug. Now the fridge wont turn on. I checked the two circuit breakers, and the fuses in the converter box. I'm thinking something got zapped inside the unit.
What to do?

Old 08-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Jason,

I'm thinking it's probably one of two things. First, plug in the coach into the correct 30A outlet and take a plug-in appliance (fan, light, etc.) and plug it in inside. If it comes on, that should determine that the converter is OK.

Now for the refer...does anything on it work? If it works on gas and not electric, that's a good sign. If nothing at all works, that's ugly. My only suggestion here would be to take the circuit board out and visit a local dealer with it. They should have a plug-in tester to see if it is good. It might be a good idea to call first to see if they have it...and talk to a manager to make sure they do have one. If the board is bad, there's nothing much that you can do to fix it other than buy a new one. I don't know the cost of refer boards off the top of my head, but I recall my WH board (which I would think is similar) was about $160.

Also, if it is the refer, make sure to go in prepared with the make and model of the refer, which is found on a sticker inside the cabinet itself. The same goes for the converter if you have to order a new one. It's unlikely you'll be able to get an exact replacement, but you'll need to know the capacities of the current one for a replacement. For the refer parts, the dealer should have access to a program to look up RV appliance parts, and it must be looked up by make and then model (and then even more numbers are required if you need a part for A&E awnings, which are on the tube or hardware). So, my best advise is go in as prepared as possible.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote