Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 10-12-2015, 09:55 AM   #1

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Disposing of outside shower.

We've never used the outside shower and now find the hose is cracked. What is the advice on taking it out - where to plug and what to use to plug in order to be rid of the shower and prevent possible leaks. Thanks!

2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #2

SUN #4040
jim44646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Even though you don't use it I think it would be easier to replace hose. Otherwise you'll have to trace back to where water lines tee in, remove tee and put in a straight coupling (shark bite good for that). If you just plug the lines they will hold water and freeze. Also you'll have to decide what to do with the hole, leave empty box or patch somehow.

Firestone Transforce AT tires
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:04 AM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
This may depend on floor plan as I do not think it would of worked on our prior T2499. I dealt with that camper differently on this topic.

On our T310SR, I did "unhook" the outside shower as we winter camp with the fresh water system fully active. (we have enclosed heated tanks) The outside shower being pressurized was a potential risk to freeze while we where camping. I use to insulated the outside compartment, but later stopped doing that and just unhooked the water lines feeding it inside and capped off the Tees. And have not used it since. Now 5 plus years ago.

This was easily doable the way our plumbing was made due to the floor plan. If I ever wanted to come back and use the outside shower in the summer months, then I would hook up the pig tail feed lines from the tee to the back of the outside faucet.

I "think" I have some pics of this, I will post if I can find them or I'll go take some more as it is unhooked right now.

Again, in my case I just needed a pex cap that would screw right on the Tee to seal off the outside shower and I removed the supply feed tubes off the back of the faucet. My tie in tee's are pointing up so when capped off and the main line drained, no water remains in the Tee. This all happened in the cabinet under the bathroom sink as the outside shower was directly outside. The feed tubes were only about ~ 12 to 16" long.

Do you know how your outside faucet is plumbed? Can you get to the tie in tee's? Where does the outside faucet supply tube tie into the main water lines and can you get to that area?

What I was able to do, may or may not work on your floor plan, and piping setup, but it might.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:15 AM   #4

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
John, thanks for the in-depth info. That is just the info we needed!
2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote