Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #1

SUN #115
emam
Costly Upgrades and Great Service!!

We just got the 2499 back from General RV after sending it in to have the water pump replaced. Cindy and I couldnt stand the noise of how loud it was. From the time we got it, it was loud, but it seemed like it was getting louder as time went on.

I had searched around on a few different forums and found one on RVNet that talked about lengthening the hose and insulating it with foam insulation. I mentioned it to the repair guy and had sent him the link before I brought the coach in.

I was amazed when we picked it up and he told me before they tried to replace it, they did what I had sent them on that link and insualted the lines. He said they added a longer hose and built a little box around the intire unit that was insulated also.

You almost cant hear it run now!! When was the last time you told a dealer you wanted to spend a few hundred dollars on a upgrade, and they tell you they can fix the problem for only one hour of labor costs?!?

I also told them we wanted a Grey Tank Flush kit installed because our guage always read 2/3 on the Grey Tank. When we picked it up, they told us they didnt put it on, because they checked the sensors and one was broken. Again, a costly upgrade that was fixed for next to nothing.

All in all, Cindy and I were planning on droping a bit of money and walked out with a much heavier wallet then we thought we would!!

I wish I could have taken pictures of the water pump fix, but ours is hidden and I can barely see it to begin with. But if any of you notice a noisy water pump, try and lengthening the lines and insulating them with pipe insualtion.

Thank you General RV and we're Happy Campers!!

Pat

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Darn Pat,

Now your giving me another project to do. YES, I do indeed have a noisy water pump. When camping with mom, we are almost always in a "commercial" campground. BUT, when we were broke down due to the bearing problem, we were permitted to stay on the dealers lot, so that meant use the fresh water tank, and what a NOISY WATER PUMP. I can't live with that noisy thing. I had access to water, but I had no way to empty my tanks. Mom doesn't grasp the concept that holding tanks have capacities, she always wants to just let the water run. So, you had the water lines made longer and foam type line insulation on them to dull the noise? My pump really hammers.

You have a wonderful dealer taking care of you. Many would have just changed the pump and extra stuff and charged you up the wazoo!!!

Kitty

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyonkitty

You have a wonderful dealer taking care of you. Many would have just changed the pump and extra stuff and charged you up the wazoo!!!

Kitty
I think it might have something to do with he has their logo plastered all over the side of his coach. My first experience with service at General is coming up on the 27th, so I'll be able to see how they do. You know, these darn coaches are built so well, they never have to go back to the dealer!!! In my entire experience with them since 1996, no coach of ours has had to go back...ever. Other brands, however, that's a different story, but they've gone to other dealers. If it wasn't for lousy Dometic making refers that can catch on fire, I'd still be holding that record.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote