Some may recall my pictures of where I had a leak in my T-1750 that had damaged the kitchen cabinets.
Well after some examination I decided that the leak had to be where the awning was joined to the roof line. After some deliberation I decided to ditch the awning, whose presence seemed ill conceived to start with. With the awning stored one window was blocked from opening, and the door would strike one of the arms when it was 90 degrees open. That caused forces to be applied to the door, even when I was cautious, that bent the frame of the door and tried to tear it off the hinges. Add to that the fact that one arm's locking mechanism wasn't working and I decided it wasn't worth it.
I removed it, and then installed a drip rail I obtained from a local RV shop. So far so good.
I then decided to tear into the rotted ceiling around the kitchen cabinets.
As you can see, quite a bit of damage, and missing insulation (?!) I didn't remove that section, it was already gone. I made cleaner cuts and removed all the debris. Then removed the old screws that had been run from ABOVE the ceiling down into the front edge of the cabinet. Screwed a few blocks of wood to the ceiling rafters to support the metal roof where the TV antenna had dented it in (creating a nice lake in a rain storm) and then installed new paneling.
It's not a seamless repair, nor as nice as some of what I've seen here, but I think it turned out well. The cabinet where the door is missing will receive a Microwave oven that I'll trim out. But this was what I managed to get done using Lowes materials. (and yes I did stuff new insulation into that open space in the ceiling)
The cabinet was re-secured using #10 screws recessed into pockets I drilled in the top of the door frames and running up into the rafters.
The seam between original luan paneling and my Masonite paneling are trimmed with a normal plastic paneling joint cut so it's only grips the Masonite, and then secured/disguised where I had to cut that to clear the rafters with wood "buttons" I made from some 2" trim molding and painted white.
While I was in there I also replaced the cabinet floor with the same paneling.