Calling all diagnosticians
Appliance: Atwood GC6AA-7 electric/gas water heater, pilot light ignition.
Problem: Intermittant operation on gas
Parameters: Gas on, all other gas-fired appliances working 100%
Narrative: 1) 1 p.m. Wed.,Turn knob to "pilot", hold to left against spring tension, light pilot, wait, turn to "on", burner lights. Goes out within 3 minutes. Pilot is out also.
2) Repeat and burner stays on for 10 minutes. Burner out, pilot out.
3) Repeat, burner stays on, heats water, cycles off, pilot stays lit.
4) Thurs. a.m., rise, shower, all is well.
5) Fri, a.m., no hot water, pilot is out. Must repeat Wednesday all over again. Same result. After three tries, burner heats tank and functions properly.
6) Saturday a.m., no hot water, pilot out. (Wife not happy)
Does this sound like a bad thermocouple or bad control valve?
Wright Ellis and Penny Sedgley
'10 Tundra 4X4
SOB -'14 Rockwood 2604WS (Rocky
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."