Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-15-2017, 10:42 PM   #1

SUN #8978
Auntjsoccerm is an unknown quantity at this point
Black tank wont empty

I have pulled the valve open but the only thing that empties is liquid. I have tried to dump a big pan of water down to see if that helps push what ever is clogged but it has not helped. My next step is thinking to snake it? What else can I do?

Old 02-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Auntjsoccerm,

Welcome to Sunline Owners Club!

A few questions on your camper, is the camper new to you recently or have you had it a while and this is the first time this problem showed up but worked well many times before?

What brand, model camper, type of camper do you have? Trying to figure out if you have a large black tank or a small one. And a travel trailer or a fifth wheel as they have some very different piping between the toilet and the tank.

The usual reason for solid waste not draining is due to lack of enough water in the tank before and during use. More on this later after you get unclogged.

Now that your clogged, this may take a lot more to clear the tank. Do you have a tank cleaning wand? Like one of these, https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A01-...lack+tank+wand

You hook them up to a water hose and while hooked to a dump site, flush trough the tank with a level of water pressure. Note: Recommend buying an all metal garden hose shut off valve the goes on the end of the hose before the wand. I will never again trust a plastic shutoff inside the camper....Had a very wet experience, "once"

If the waste is too built up, then yes it may need a snaking to break up the clumps that then the water wand can help break up and help flow out. Depending on a travel trailer of 5th wheel the how to do this may be different.

Hope this helps

Once you get clog free, we can help review your tank process to help this not happen again.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:21 AM   #3

SUN #8978
Auntjsoccerm is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi John,
Thank you for responding. I have a Travel Trailer Sunline T2261. No I dont have a wand but will be investing in one with the metal shutoff.

Jenn

Tags
black, clogged, tank, toilet