Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-27-2017, 12:03 PM   #1

SUN #7218
Rocketgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Best ways to kill wasps nesting in the AC cord compartment

I don't like this part of living in TN, ugh. Besides my other post about wasps in the AC, it now looks like the tape pulled off the hole where my electric cord is and they can be see going in and out.

So, I don't want to dump too much poison into the air of the RV, if I can avoid it. It does not look like there are any wasps inside the RV. I am not sure how sealed the electric cord compartment is, I don't want to irritate them with something, and have them push through further into another compartment or to the inside of the RV. Any idea how contained they are in the electrical cord area? How sealed off from the rest of the RV is that area?

Besides just slam spraying Raid in there, is there any softer method where I can keep the poison more contained in that compartment, without it leaching to the air inside the RV?

I am open to suggestions.

Thank you!

Previous full timer 10/2015 - 8/2016
Previous full timer 1992-1996
Rocketgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #2

SUN #8237
johnnybgood is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd probably just seal their entrance hole and let them die on their own. I've never found wasps to be very aggressive unless they're messed with.

Not sure about your camper, but on mine the power cord storage area is accessible from one lower kitchen cabinet door that holds my fresh water tank and the access cover on the side of my tub. If wasps were in there it would be unlikely for them to get "inside" the camper.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:28 AM   #3

SUN #7218
Rocketgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
I think on mine, that the power cord rolls up under the bathroom sink lower cabinet. Where the plumbing comes through, there is a large enough gap for things to get through into the cabinet if they want to. That is, if there is a direction connection to the electric cord compartment which I cannot prove or disprove right now. My fear of sealing them up, is that it will force them into looking for that little crack to get out, and they may find their way into the RV itself.

I could try plugging up the gaps in the bathroom sink cabinet, but I am not sure I will get them all.

I would like to drop something into the electrical cord compartment to just kill them. I am thinking of a duster that dusts with diatomaceous earth. I have experimented on wasps with it. I am not sure it kills them, but they dislike it enough to leave. The by product of that is, though, now I have a film of dust/dirt on everything and hopefully it will not harm anything in that particular compartment. I am leaning in that direction right now.
Previous full timer 10/2015 - 8/2016
Previous full timer 1992-1996
Rocketgirl is offline   Reply With Quote