Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #1

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Battery Area 12 Volt Junction Box Wiring

Fellow Campers

I happened to have the cover off the battery area junction box yesterday and took a few pics. This picture is off a 2004 T2499. I know a while ago we had a few Sunline owners trying to trouble shoot their 12 volt electrical system. The pic’s below may be able to help someone trying to trouble shoot the newer campers if yours look like this inside.

I believe the “older” models, do not know what year but it is pre 2004, they used a fuse-able link between the battery and the TT power converter to protect the system. This was reported by other Sunliners when they had to track down why their battery would not charge.

On this 2004, they have a self resetting circuit breaker. There is also a 30 amp fuse that is in line with the TV battery via the 7 wire plug harness. So if your TT battery will not charge off the TV, this could be one spot to look for providing the 7 wire receptacle in the TV is actually hot. For the converter to the battery protection, that breaker should reset once it cools down providing there is no short still left in the system.

Also when taking this cover off, you will need to have a very fine and sharp Phillips head screw driver. If not, the larger Phillips will just sit and spin the head is so small. Plus the screw holes that are recessed deep into the cover can and do fill up with dirt, making it more of a challenge to get into this area.

I have called out the colors and paths so you can see where all the wires go to. Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Happy Camping

John

Here is the junction box on the front frame of the TT. This pic also happened to have parts of my spare 5 lb. propane tank carrier. The tank sits on the gray board and clamps with the hooks.

Inside the Box

The circuit breaker

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:25 AM   #2

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey John

Great description, this will definitely be helpful in the future.
Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

I thought this 7-pin wiring diagram may augment your description.

Hutch

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #3

SUN #2848
maefleur73 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm looking to redo my electrical system in my sunline solaris 1997, t-1750 when i leave my battery pluged in my battery gets drained and will not work. Does anybody know which site to get a diagram of this system or what might be the problem?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi maefleur,

We only have 1 wiring diagram and it is for a 2004 T2499. It is in the files section under electrical. Here is a hit link. The files tab up top of the screen is an actual hot link tab. It just does not look like a tab button.

Sunline Coach Owner's Club - Sunline Owner's Files - Sunline Solaris T-2499 Wiring Diagram

Now to your problem, Need to know more about your battery issues.

When you says "your battery plugged in"

Do you mean the 120 VAC shore line plug is always pluged into the house?

OR

The 12 VDC battery leads are left on connected even when you are not out camping and that drains your battery dead?

I'm assuming it is problem no 2. If number `1 I need to type more...LOL Do you unhook your battery after camping?

The propane detector is always on. There is no switch to turn it off and if you have a amplifier on your TV antenna (some have a little green light) it is easy to get left on.

Both will draw power from the battery. And if the battery cables are connected it will drain your battery after a week or so.

In my picture above Sunline installed an onboard disconnect switch for the battery. So after camping I turn off that large red switch on the A frame header and it disconnects the battery. On the pre 2004 campers you had to unhook the battery leads. Only need to unhook the negative to stop the flow out of the battery and less odds of sparking.

Hope this helps and let me know if it is on shore power you have the problem.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote