Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-07-2021, 04:21 PM   #1

SUN #12365
NeedToCamp is an unknown quantity at this point
Bathroom vent replacement

Hi gang,
I have a 2006 Sunline Solaris T-2553. The bathroom fan needs to be replaced. I believe I have to buy the entire assembly. The opening is 14” x 14”. I would like a nice quiet high power fan. Anyone have any suggestions about what and where to buy?
Thanks!
Loren

Old 08-09-2021, 10:57 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Loren,

A PC glitch just blew away a response to you on how to help your problem. I will be back on Tuesday to help give you some options.

The newer Ventline fan setups are light years better then the old.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 03:00 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedToCamp View Post
Hi gang,
I have a 2006 Sunline Solaris T-2553. The bathroom fan needs to be replaced. I believe I have to buy the entire assembly. The opening is 14” x 14”. I would like a nice quiet high power fan. Anyone have any suggestions about what and where to buy?
Thanks!
Loren
Hi Loren,

Your original fan we used to nickname it a "Whizzer fan". The noise it made was load and the air it moved, not much.

You do have some options for changing the fan.

1. Change just the motor and fan to an upgraded fan. Ventline now makes an upgraded 14 x 14 roof vent with a fan which replaces the old one you have. I just installed one of them, the new fans setup is many time more quiet and it does move more air. They sell new upgraded replacement motors and fan blades that could be installed in your existing roof vent. We just need to check if the motor bracket will work from the old motor to the new one. See here:

The motor itself https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...VD0218-00.html

The new fan blade to go with the new motor
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...VD0215-00.html

I picked Etrailer as they have a lot of good pics and specs on what you buy. I have bought from them, but I also shop around as sometimes their pricing is high, other times they are the cheapest.

If you want to go that route, let me know, I have the new style fan and old style fan in the barn and I can look if that the motor mounting bracket setup will work as intended.

2. Change the entire roof vent assembly, to the newer style with the easy removable screen and the new fan that comes with it. This option does mean you have to change the entire roof mounted vent. Which is what you started out with.

https://www.etrailer.com/Enclosed-Tr...2094SP-30.html

Panther also sells it cheaper but they charge freight, so check the cost out the door.
https://pantherrvproducts.com/ventli...-dc-fan-white/

Amazon has it too
https://www.amazon.com/Ventline-V209.../dp/B007HRTHGC

There is a major price increase on all RV parts right now Covid related. The prices are all over the map. I bought a new one I installed in our 2004 T1950 restored camper back in 2019 and that Ventline powered vent was around ~ $40. The same thing now is 2 to 3X if you can find them in stock.

3. There are other options pending your wants and needs. In our case we boondock off grid a fair amount. This means we have no AC in the camper and we use our Maxx Air fan like a whole house fan, crack open the windows we want air to come in, and exhaust it out the roof using a Maxx Air fan.

The Maxx Air fan mounts in the same hole as an original 14 x 14 roof vent. Our 2004 T310SR has a mid location pass through bath room. I installed the Maxx Fan in that location. Your T2553 is similar. It replaced the whizzer fan and I have a real fan now. The new Maxx Air Fans can give you 10 speeds so you have a lot of speed selection and they move a lot more air then the smaller Ventline fans. And they cost more too.

See here https://www.airxcel.com/rv/maxxair/products/fans

They are sold at various places, and pending the options, can be in the $300 area or more. This all comes down to what your needs, and wants are.

Fantastic Fan is another popular good brand. Maxx Air and Fantastic are both good fans, they have different features. Both mount to the roof in the same standard 14 x 14 opening.

If you want pics etc. of the Ventline or Maxx Air options, ask and will see what I can hunt up.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote