Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #1

SUN #988
MarknShana
Bathroom Fan Blade in 05 T-2363

I am looking for a bathroom fan blade for my recently purchased 2005 T-2363. I found one here:
http://www.rvpartscenter.com/Product...DID=54&CID=331
Will it work? Does the fan run clockwise or counterclockwise? Haven't actually turned it on to see. As of now I don't have electricity running to the camper. Also we will be replacing the vent covers on top of the camper. Does anyone know where or what kind we will be needing? As you can see, we are new to the "camper life". Also any interior/exterior cleaning tips would be greatly appreciated!

2004 F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
MarknShana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #2

SUN #597
henryj
Hi MarknShana,

First, don't buy the blade in your link. I'm pretty sure that is a 6" blade and it will not fit the OEM, otherwise known as the 'whizzer', unless the previous owner replaced it with something else.

OK, the curiosity is killing me... why do you need a new blade? I could not find a replacement after a quick search--maybe someone else can help. I would be surprised if there is one as the whole unit is a pretty cheap part, but appears likely to have only been sourced to manufacturers.

Assuming you actually still have the OEM fan, there are far better solutions out there. The whizzer moves little air and is noisy. However, it's not nearly as noisy as AC and if you see yourself using AC more, it's probably good enough.

Here's a link, with another link inside, to two Maxxair products that some of us have switched to:

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...pic.php?t=3507

Another link for vent lid replacement:

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...pic.php?t=3412

And a new page in CW that is even better at identifying your OEM covers:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...vent-lids/1444

You should have the lower one--Ventline/Elixir after 1994.

Henry

henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bathroom Fan Blade in 05 T-2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarknShana
I am looking for a bathroom fan blade for my recently purchased 2005 T-2363. I found one here:
Will it work? Does the fan run clockwise or counterclockwise? Haven't actually turned it on to see. As of now I don't have electricity running to the camper. Also we will be replacing the vent covers on top of the camper. Does anyone know where or what kind we will be needing? As you can see, we are new to the "camper life". Also any interior/exterior cleaning tips would be greatly appreciated!
Hi Mark & Shana,

I do have to ask like Henry, why do you want to replace the blade? Is the old one there, or part of it? I do agree that a 6" is probably too large, for an OEM. If you have an old blade, take it with you to a dealer. They not only have different overall diameters, but they also have different post sizes/shapes where it mounts. One is a D-shape and I think there's another kind, but I can't recall it off the top of my head. I'm not sure which way it turns, but if you have a bare motor post, put a piece of tape on there and turn it on. Then turn it off. As it gets close to stopping, you should be able to see which way it turns.

Oh, your fan should work without plugging the trailer in. It is a 12V fan, so as long as you have a battery connected, the fan should work fine.

For cleaning the exterior, by far the best suggestion I'd say we mutually all have is a product called Awesome. It is a citrus based cleaner available at most dollar stores. It does an excellent job at removing black streaks. The only cautions with it is you don't want to leave it on too long before hosing it off. If left on for a little too long (like to the point where it dries on and sits for a couple minutes), it could leave streak marks in your striping and some of the painted aluminum.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Mark

I’ll look on Saturday if I still have one of the 2 I ripped out of my campers. If I did not throw them out, you are welcome to the entire blade and motor, free!

Those “whizzers” make a lot of noise and that is about all they do. Whiz…

I see you are looking to replace the roof vents. Don’t know if your just replacing the cover or the entire flange as well due to rusting.

Here are 2 posts that might be of help. Complete with pics.

Installing a Turbo Max Fan
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...pic.php?t=1701

Replacing roof vents 101
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...pic.php?t=1662

I wish I would of known but there are life time vent covers made from polycarbonate from Camco. They cost a little more but the longer life plastic is worth it. I used Ventline which is good and I used 303 on them inside and out from day 1 however the polycarbonate is better. I also have Maxx Air covers over them and the plastic they are made out of holds up the sun about as good as we can find. And I still 303 treat them too.

Good luck and hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #5

SUN #988
MarknShana
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB
Hi Mark

I’ll look on Saturday if I still have one of the 2 I ripped out of my campers. If I did not throw them out, you are welcome to the entire blade and motor, free!

I see you are looking to replace the roof vents. Don’t know if your just replacing the cover or the entire flange as well due to rusting.

John
Thank you very much for the fan blades and motor (if you still have them)!!! Please let me know. BTW, the reason I need the blades is because the previous owner said her uncle stayed in the camper during Christmas and turned on the fan without opening the vent and all of the fan blades broke off of the fan. There is nothing left of them but small pieces.
As far as the roof vents go, we will probably go ahead and replace the entire flange as well because there is some rusting.

Thanks again for everything!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #6

SUN #988
MarknShana
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryj
Hi MarknShana,

OK, the curiosity is killing me... why do you need a new blade?

Henry
The reason I need the blade is because the previous owner said her uncle stayed in the camper during Christmas and turned on the fan without opening the vent and all of the fan blades broke off of the fan. There is nothing left of them but small pieces.

Thanks for all of the info and the links! You've been very helpful
Old 01-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #7

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
I am a little late with this but I looked at my fan today in my 2363. The blade turns CCW looking at it inside. The blade is just about 6 inches in diameter.

Gene

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:24 PM   #8

SUN #989
Ted-Thompson
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryj
Hi MarknShana,

OK, the curiosity is killing me... why do you need a new blade?

Henry
The reason I need the blade is because the previous owner said her uncle stayed in the camper during Christmas and turned on the fan without opening the vent and all of the fan blades broke off of the fan. There is nothing left of them but small pieces.

Thanks for all of the info and the links! You've been very helpful
Huh... Mine is missing the blades too, only the hub remains. Doesn't matter since the motor doesn't turn....

Still, I'd like to have it working - not as a whole trailer ventilator, just as a bathroom fan.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #9

SUN #988
MarknShana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene
I am a little late with this but I looked at my fan today in my 2363. The blade turns CCW looking at it inside. The blade is just about 6 inches in diameter.

Gene
Is your fan the original one that came with the camper? If so, if the blade is 6" in diameter does that mean that the one in my link will fit?

Also, I read somewhere that to determine if the blade turns ccw or cw you should look at it down through the motor, is this correct? Thanks!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #10

SUN #768
Quote:
... I read somewhere that to determine if the blade turns ccw or cw you should look at it down through the motor, is this correct? ...
hmmmm .... not sure (need head scratching smilie here!)

I am quite sure mine is original, previous owner only had it one summer. The one in your link looks like it would work if the side shown in the picture faces the motor. I will see if I can get / post a picture of mine tomorrow.

Gene

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
Old 02-19-2010, 10:12 AM   #11

SUN #988
MarknShana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene
Quote:
... I read somewhere that to determine if the blade turns ccw or cw you should look at it down through the motor, is this correct? ...
hmmmm .... not sure (need head scratching smilie here!)

I am quite sure mine is original, previous owner only had it one summer. The one in your link looks like it would work if the side shown in the picture faces the motor. I will see if I can get / post a picture of mine tomorrow.

Gene
Thanks Gene! The picture would be very much appreciated!!
Old 02-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #12

SUN #768
I finally went out and got a couple of pictures that ahow how really dirty my screen is on the vent. If you click on the picture you can get a bigger view of the dirt!

You can see I am no artist but the arrows show the rotation direction.

You may be correct that rotation is determined by looking behind the motor. !?!

Gene

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
Old 02-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #13

SUN #67
264SRinPA
Maybe you'd like to look at one of these
Sunlines= '06-2075, '06-264SR
264SRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #14

SUN #768
Quote:
Originally Posted by 264SRinPA
Maybe you'd like to look at one of these
I like that, it looks like it would actually move some air. Thanks.

Gene

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
Old 02-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #15

SUN #28
sunnyseagull
HI Mike I was just going to post a question about that upgrade fan I remember seeing that before but couldnt remember if it was on here of rv.net , Do you have one of these fans and if so how well does it work . thanks Dan
Old 02-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #16

SUN #988
MarknShana
Thanks Gene for the great pictures!! They really helped.

264SRinPA: The fan you "linked" me to looks good. I just may be replacing the oem with that one. Thanks for sharing!!