Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 11-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
A look behind the walls of a slide room

After vising with Stan today, we came home and started working on the 299's slide room. The couch was removed, as well as it's support frame. I also removed the windows, that were above the couch. We are trying to keep the dinette as intact as possible, so we will have to remove the siding and the screws holding the dinette to the wall.

I removed the wallboard that was behind the couch and on the front sidewall of the slide. We took some pictures, to help everyone understand how the slide is constructed. I also removed both the DC and AC slide room junction boxes. The AC power cord to the slide, is the standard 10/2 stranded power cord. There was a junction box in the front wall cabinet and it's mate was in the outside wall of the slide. On with the pictures.

This is where the AC junction box was, in the front wall cabinet:

Here's where both junction boxes were, in the outside wall of the slide. I had already removed the AC wire in this pic. It was run up through the small piece of steel conduit and then over towards the dinette. The DC wires that were connected to the ones shown, were routed straight up to the wall light and then go towards the dinette.

This is the front corner of the slide, with the exterior walls exposed. I was surprised to find that the end wall of the slide is made of coated luan. The other wall is the aluminum siding.

This view is the framing construction, along the wall of the slide. Looks very sturdy!

This view shows the flange around the inside of the slide, with all of the fascia boards removed.

There will be more to come, but we simply ran out of time today.

Gary

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Gary

Thanks, interesting stuff.

When you get down to it, take good note on how the floor is attached to the sides and if you lift the rug can you see the floor?

This knowledge may come in handy on the T320SR slide. Check the floor from the top down if there are issues.

The 2003's and 2004's I do believe where made the same in the floor construction. And maybe even the earlier ones. The 2005's went to a different floor. They have a coating of plastic paint so to speak on the bottom of the OSB verses what we have is Darco over OSB board. I think I have tracked down 1 possibly brand of where Sunline bought the 2005 and newer slide bottoms. I can't find it in my favorites right now but will dig some for it.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote