Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-06-2016, 10:46 AM   #1

SUN #5290
Gixxer340 is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 Solaris T-267SR Electrical issue

Hello all,

As you can see we have a 2001 Solaris T-267SR. I pulled it out to accommodate some family that was coming down for the weekend and found that the 120 outlets in the front (bedroom), Rear (bathroom GFI), TV (over Fridge), and outside are not working for some reason. All other electrical is working fine (including the GFI outlet by the kitchen sink and the one under the dinette. I checked all of the fuses, reset all of the breakers, and changed out the GFI outlet in the Bathroom and it is still not working.

Am I missing something simple? Does anyone have an electrical schematic for this camper so I can start tracing wires?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Jeff

Old 02-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #2

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
There are no electrical schematics for the Sunlines.

When there is a group of outlets not working the problem is usually the GFI outlet. The GFI will always be the first one in the chain. It looks like you have addressed that by changing the outlet. Did you turn each circuit breaker all the way off and then back on again? The next step would be to pull out the GFI outlet (after turning off the main breaker) with the wires attached and then turn the main breaker back on and test to see if you have voltage on the wires.

Modern GFIs can only be reset if there is voltage so if you replaced the outlet and tried to reset it before turning on the breaker it will not reset. Also the live feed must go to the LINE side not the LOAD side of the outlet.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:40 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Jeff,

Gene said what I was going to say, so there are 2 of us with the same starting place.

Check what Gene stated and also check for voltage at the breaker for that circuit that something is leaving the breaker. You have to sort out which 15 amp one it is. Process of elimination of what is working verse not working with the flipping of the breakers will do it.

As far as a wiring diagram, we only have 1, it is for my prior 2004 T2499. While it is for that year/floor plan, it fits some of the newer campers in the way Sunline split up the loads. This is in the files tab at the top of the forum. When logged in, click the words "FILES" and a bunch of good stuff is in there.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/do...do=file&id=357

Your "General Purpose" 15 amp breaker is most likely feeding the circuit you are after. The bath GFI might not go back direct to the breaker. It might tie in on another receptacle and then jump to the GFI and other wet areas. That wiring string is year/floor plan specific. My 2004 T2499 picked up the bath GFI power off the fridge outlet. Then left the GFI and went to the outside outlet. Yours may differ.

And check that the new GFI is not accidentally mixed up with line and load. It is a common mistake. Even the white neutrals have to be on the correct side of the receptacle.

Hope this helps and report back what you find or need more helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:50 AM   #4

SUN #5290
Thanks for the help so far. I am going to try to troubleshoot it further today and will report back. As for line and load, I took them off the existing outlet and put them back on the same positions on the new outlet (which were marked the same as on the original one). My thought is that the reason the original one would not reset is because there was no power going to it.

I will start tracing power and see where it gets to using the provided schematic as a guide.

Thanks again,
Jeff
Old 02-07-2016, 09:12 AM   #5

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Code says damp locations have to be GFI protected. In a smaller camper they usually mount down stream outlets behind the GFI it just easier to do it that way but if the camper is large enough for multiple outlets a living room bed room etc may not be behind a GFI. Yes if a GFI has no power it will not reset. I don't know about your camper see how many 15 amp breakers you have that maybe a clue to what's not powered and maybe why.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:55 AM   #6

SUN #5290
I ended up getting it figured out. It was the GFI outlet and, when I replaced it I didn't pay attention enough to the line and load. I assumed that they were the same between the two outlets and, well, I was wrong.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions to all who contributed. Everything is back to working again.

Jeff and Debbie
Old 02-08-2016, 07:06 PM   #7

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to hear it is all working. Thanks for posting the result as it may help the next person with a similar problem.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote